Quadrotor uses Kinect as an obstacle avoidance system

By Emil
Dec 8, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. The number of hacks you can do with the Kinect motion controller keeps growing and the beauty of it all is that they are all unique in their own ways. Researchers from Project STARMAC and the Hybrid Systems Labs over at UC Berkeley are using the gaming accessory as a way to help an autonomous aircraft see where its going.

Read the whole story
  2. TeamworkGuy2

TeamworkGuy2 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 195

Wow, the Kinect has come so far in such a short amount of time.
    It is so exiting to read the different TS news reports on the cool things being done with the Kinect.
  3. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Im sure programmers cant sleep these days.
    PC uno, XBOX nada.
  4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

I think its funny, users have found MORE uses for Kinect on the PC than on the Xbox! :)
  5. PC nerd

PC nerd TechSpot Booster Posts: 320   +36

Wow. So Microsoft products aren't all useless and broken? I'm surprised.

Jokes aside, that Quadrotor looks bloody amazing. Incredible piece of tech.
  6. Well, maybe ten more years and we have terminators with "mini" Kinect built in their skulls targeting humans. And Skynet would form itself as a Microsoft subdivision unofficially managed by Apple. Unfortunately we never learn anything until its too late.
  7. edison5do

edison5do Newcomer, in training Posts: 239

You got the point on that man, thereĀ“s hundreds of uses to this little device, I found it amazin.
  8. Brilliant, simply brilliant... I guess I need to work on miniaturizing the Kinect now, to make my millions before we are all goners.
  9. Maybe Microsoft will learn to embrace open source. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.