Quake collection 50% off via Steam, Amazon takes $20 off Mass Effect 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Steam's Midweek Madness sale is live, and the distribution service has slashed 50% off the entire Quake collection, including Quake, Quake II, Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero, Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning, Quake III Arena, Quake III: Team Arena, Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon, and Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity.

All of the mentioned titles are $2.49, $4.99, or $9.99 each, or $14.99 for the whole kit and caboodle. Between the package discount and sale, you save $24.93. These prices should be available through Thursday afternoon.

It's also worth noting that the recently launched sci-fi action-RPG Mass Effect 2 is on sale via Amazon. For today only the game is $39.49 (34% off) for the Xbox 360, while the PC version is $29.49 (41% off), and Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition for PC is $37.99 (37% off).

Permalink to story.

Is the Quake community still active? If there were still a fair number of people playing Quake III Arena then I might be interested in buying it again.

Sheesh...I pre-bought Mass Effect 2 for $50 and still haven't got to it yet while trying to finish up other games. Could have saved myself $20 for just waiting until I was actually ready to play it. :(

This might affect my decision of which content heavy rpg I'd like to waste my weeknights on. It's a toss up between ME2 and Dragons Age. Though, from a social standpoint, I'm sure I'd look back and regret either one.
:( I'm wasting enough time at my computer as it is.

TomSEA said:
Sheesh...I pre-bought Mass Effect 2 for $50 and still haven't got to it yet while trying to finish up other games. Could have saved myself $20 for just waiting until I was actually ready to play it. :(

You're not the only one :( . Did the same thing myself bought the game but haven't gotten around to it yet as I've been messing around with other games. But hey in the end Bioware deserves it :) .

I just finished this game! Loved every moment of it - and will replay it again gladly. The only nit-pick on this game that I can think of was the limited availability of the collectors edition (in hard copy retail).

I'd wish that it was Dragon's Age getting the discount - that was the next one on my radar to pickup.

When Steam was having their X-mas sale I bought all the games I didn't play in the last two years, so I think I have a backlog of about 4 or 5 games, including the first Mass Effect to finish. I think by the time I get that all done they'll all be in the discount bin.

But I'm done with being an early adopter of games, they're so buggy, its not worth the frustration or money.

wow.. look i like to know where can i download quake one. please send info. and quake 2 and 4. i always play quake free relieve frustration..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back