TechSpot

Quantum computers looking more realistic with major storage breakthrough

By Scorpus
Nov 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. We many not see quantum computers in our homes for many decades, but a recent storage breakthrough has made it all the more possible. Previously, quantum data bits (qubits) needed to be stored at temperatures close to absolute zero, and...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +822

"in our lifetimes we might get to play with immensely powerful quantum computers".
    No doubt things will get better, faster, smaller & more affordable as time goes on but I'm quite happy with what I have for now thanks. I don't think I'll be playing with quantum computers in my lifetime.

3. Teko03

Teko03 TS Enthusiast Posts: 128   +30

"We many not see quantum computers in our homes for many decades...", I'm thinknig you guys meant to say "may".

4. Crunches

Crunches TS Rookie

We the many

5. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,444   +124

Edited to lulz you.

Getting back to topic, we'll see this happening sooner that you might expect, considering how fast it has developed from an idea to what is going on right now.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.