Query about Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i click my conputer proprties, i c in processor its written: AMD ATHLON X2 1.9 GHZ

but in device manager, i cee 2 processors, AMD Turion....

im confused??

can anyone tell me the differences in performance with these processors...

thanks in advance..

as CCT stated.....and you see 2 cpu's because it's dual core architecture on one die and they both have individual properties, like temperature etc.

can sum1 explain to me y i cant seem to play GTA IV smoothly on my machine??

its requirements are:

Minimum System Requirements

* OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
* Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
* Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements

* OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
* Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)
* 18 GB Free Hard Drive Space
* Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

my configs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon (tm) X2 Dual-Core QL 60 1.90 GHz
HDD: 160 GB (enough free for install)
Memory: 2.00 GB RAM
Graphics Card: ATI RADEON HD 3200 Graphics (256 MB Dedicated, 873 MB Shared)

*of course, mine is a HP Pavilion dv5z laptop

Please tell me how can i improve my slooooow performance..

thanksss in advance...

cos you're using a laptop and even though your gfx card has 256mb of its own memory its still a low-end card that's not suitable for high-end gaming.

can i sumhow improve it??
i mean, i just cant play the game even if i lower all the configs of the game.....its so stuck.>!!

Unless its a bona fide gaming laptop it simply won't play hi-end games well i'm afraid!
You are kind of stuck really mate;
4Gb of ram would help a bit seeing as you're using Vista, but you're probably on 32-bit so it would only utilise just over 3gb of that ram, plus you'd have to buy 2 x 2gb sticks to replace your existing 2 x 1gb sticks. You could shop around for a better gfx card that would fit in your laptop, but it would also cost quite a lot. Its really not worth it tbh. Save your money and maybe look to start building a gaming rig if gaming is what you want to do.

Sorry its not good news fella. :(

jACKO thanks....i appreaciate it

but at this point, i dont have enuf money to buy a new laptop. and No, im not a gamer in any ways. But sumtimes i wanna game.. ;).....i know..

cant i change to 64 bit vista wen i upgrade my RAM?? how to do???

and seriusly, any other tweaks i can apply to improve performance??? a little , if??? :(

thanks

You cannot get around the simple hardware limitations of laptops...laptops, especially simple ones (not gaming ones), basicly fail at anything aside from flash games really.

Windows vista 64 costs about $150+ (i think), and you might as well get XP for a slightly cheeper price assuming you even have the HDD room for it. XP will take less RAM so you *may* get slightly better performance, as in, you probably wont even notice the difference if there is any, except maybe in load times.

I would say overclocking is the only possible way aside from turning the graphics settings all the way down, something you probably already did. Make sure your resolution is lowest, all graphics settings are on lowest or off, and anti - aliasing is off. Overclocking however, does not go well on laptops, so I advise against that.

BTW your procesor actually failed the system requirements.

You cannot get around the simple hardware limitations of laptops...laptops, especially simple ones (not gaming ones), basicly fail at anything aside from flash games really.

Windows vista 64 costs about $150+ (i think), and you might as well get XP for a slightly cheeper price assuming you even have the HDD room for it. XP will take less RAM so you *may* get slightly better performance, as in, you probably wont even notice the difference if there is any, except maybe in load times.

Vista does require more ram to be run well, but XP 64-bit has always been a dog. I'd NEVER recommend XP64 over Vista64.

Not XP 64, just standard XP. You won't need more than two gigs on XP 32 bit, really you only need four gigs for Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back