Query GMT time stated

By Maurice
Aug 29, 2003
Post New Reply
  1. I am curious, it is now 21 20, yet your site says " it is now 08.58" & states "GMT" in fact it is always about half an hour or so adrift.
    I am neither nit-picking or complaining, what your clock says has no bearing on my connections to you, just thought I ought to bring it to someone's attention, that's all.
  2. XtR-X

XtR-X Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,040

You need to go into User CP > Edit Options > look for "Time offset" and change it according to your time zone.

That is, on this Techspot forum.
  3. novicegamer

novicegamer Newcomer, in training Posts: 119

I also have a conversion cahart on my web site if you want to use itWARDOGZ
  4. Maurice

Maurice Banned Topic Starter Posts: 653

XtR-X;- Thanks, been there, done that, but I AM set at "Western Europe; London etc.
    Novice Gamer;- also thanks, but don't think it would help in this case [see above note to XtR-X]
  5. Maurice

Thanks, folks, but I did what XtR-X suggested & I believe I am on my correct time zone for the Isle of Wight;--Western Europe, London etc.
  6. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

If I understand him right, I have the same problem. I am on the right time zone, but the TechSpot clock shows it is slow by about 22 minutes. TS shows 5:30 AM, and the actual time is 5:52 AM.
  7. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

It is just the way the server is setup I'm sure. I have noticed this quite often, but there is nothing to worry about, just the server is setup 30 mins ahead.
  8. XtR-X

XtR-X Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,040

Oh, I see what you're talking about. Well yeah, that's got to be the server, what poertner said.

Julio would have to change it if he wanted/could or would have to contact his hosting admin.
  9. Maurice

Thanks all!, I knew it wasn't an earth-shaking problem, doesn't affect anything, so, what the h**l !! Just for interest, according to TS, it's 07 Pm.... yes, Pm [?] [?] ......actually 20.45.
  10. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,511   +308

Should be fixed now :)
  11. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,411   +281

Actually I had to set mine to GMT -5:00 to get the correct time, even though I'm in Central Time Zone and its -6:00. (Maybe its somethign to do with daylight savings time?)

12. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

That's strange SNGX, I've in the Central Time Zone also, and I've got mine set for -6, and it shows the correct time.
  13. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,511   +308

I'm in Eastern Time Zone (-5) and it shows the correct time to me, here in Ecuador we don't use daylight savings so that must be it.
  14. StormBringer

StormBringer Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,871

Same here, I also mentioned this last night in the IRC channel.
    Though last week it was only about 20 mins off, as it had been for some time
  15. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

This is what I have had to do as well. It's not a problem, as long as I can get the correct time somehow :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.