Question about avatars

wolfram

Hi!

I've been trying to upload another avatar. It's animated. I got the error message "You may not upload an animated avatar".

I see people like Howard uses an animated avatar. What can I do to use it?

Thanks!

Apparently this has been changed after Mr Hopkinson chose his avatar.

Of course if this is a rule here it should apply for everyone.

Funny that I've never even noticed them as I keep image animation disabled in Firefox.

Thanks for the response Mic. I also remember bushwhacker having an animated avatar, also Vehementi.

I think this was a dumb question :eek: Anyway, I'm happy with normal avatars.

Thanks for the response! :)

animated avatars

wolfram said:
Thanks for the response Mic. I also remember bushwhacker having an animated avatar, also Vehementi.

I think this was a dumb question :eek: Anyway, I'm happy with normal avatars.

Thanks for the response! :)

.........I don't think it was a dumb question! I too get the dialog that I cannot upload animated avatars. I would appreciate the answer to this question. Thanx

acooldozen said:
I would appreciate the answer to this question. Thanx

The question was answered already.

The people who already had animated avatars were allowed to keep theirs when the no animated avatars policy was adopted.

Also because all of them are administrators, they can probably override that or something.

I can`t say I`ve noticed any newish members with animated avatars.

As far as I`m aware, animated avatars can only be used by members who already had them prior to the rule change.

Regards Howard :)

Cant you just go to a image upload site like www.imageshack.us and put the .gif animated file and change the Extension to .jpg and it will still be animated?

I wouldnt mind seeing my Avatar ( the Eye ) animated :(

The short answer is no. The rules were changed to prevent the use of animated avatars. It was decided to let members who already had them keep them. Anyone who successfully circumnavigates the avatar rules is likely to to have their avatar removed by moderators.

Regards Howard :)

Back