Question about dual-booting XP/OSX 10.5/6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I've always liked the Mac OS, but Mac's are sooo overpriced for what they are. So I was wondering if it is possible to dual boot Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. I can get a Snow Leopard install disc but I'm wondering if I can get it to dual boot on a computer that is originally XP. I want to have XP as the main OS and the OSX as the 2nd OS.

I DO NOT want to use Boot Camp off OSX.

If it's impossible, then don't be mean about it :(

(I'm running an intel processor so that will work)

Thanks for any information you might have.

You can not just install a factory version of leopard. If you have the correct hardware, you can install it using this usb dongle, but it is probably not legal. In Apple's TOS it says that OS X can only be installed on apple hardware.

It's possible but not currently legal so we won't be discussing the process here. There are devices that are currently in the grey areas which make this process rather easy to do. Please do a little googling to see if you're willing to go that route, it's not free - I'd rather not close this thread if it gets a little too dicey. There are also much more difficult but free ways to accomplish this, but again you're technically violating the EULA by doing so.

It's possible but not currently legal so we won't be discussing the process here. There are devices that are currently in the grey areas which make this process rather easy to do. Please do a little googling to see if you're willing to go that route, it's not free - I'd rather not close this thread if it gets a little too dicey. There are also much more difficult but free ways to accomplish this, but again you're technically violating the EULA by doing so.

Wow, not even legal? Those guys at Apple really really hate people like me who want to have anything run on anything. Wow. Just wow. Well, I guess I'll just never buy a Mac like more than 75% of computer users. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back