TechSpot

Question about fans

By mootz
Aug 19, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well im building a pc and i have almost all parts except PSU which is paid for but still to be delivered...
    in my case i have only 1 80mm exhaust fan and i want to fit 2 more fans (preferably with coloured LEDs) in the front of the case.
    my problem is that after looking at my mobo (gigabyte GA-965P-DS3) i only see one place to put a fan :suspiciou
    how can i power the other 2 fans i'm going to add? would they go directly to the PSU?
  2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Some case fans come with 4-pin molex connectors that you can use to connect to the power supply like most of the other internal components. Your motherboard should have at least one "CHASSIS_FAN" header or similar though.

EDIT: Some mobos have the case fans labeled as "CASE1" or something like that. I'm actually seeing a couple different headers on a similar board...
  3. mootz

mootz TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

ok thanks alot!
    i'll decide which fan/fans to use when the PSU comes then :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.