Question about my PSU abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disturbed88

i currently have a 400w power supply (yes i know, its small) and i was wondeing if i would be able to install another HDD.i currently have a 2.6ghz single core p4, a seagate 200gb SATA HDD, a acer dvdrom/cd-rw combo drive, 1.25gb ddr ram and a geforce 7600gs AGP x8 with the supplement power plugged in as i get a message saying i need it plugged in to utilise my graphics card completely.im hoping to install a Maxtor 80gb ATA HDD.i actually have the Maxtor plugged in and running as i type this but i dont have the supplement power plugged into my graphics card as i wasnt sure if having it all plugged in and turning on my pc would cause any damage.if anyone can help i would be very grateful

Plug the power supply connection into the video card and leave it in. Install the new hard drive. If your system stalls or restarts, you may need a bigger power supply. If you don't notice any problems, you will be ok using that "small" 400 watt supply. You won't hurt the computer at all. I use a 430 watt supply and it is NOT small!

i have since decided not to use the second hard drive in there, i instead decided to have the neon on the front on my pc going(SHINY!:D), but i still thank you for your reply.its very useful to know it wont damage my pc,it may seem old but im still playing fallout3 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back