Question about restoring factory settings on my laptop

Hey, i was thinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings to take care of some fps issues ive been having for the last 10 months, since my laptop came without an OS disc does that mean that the OS is integrated into the laptop and that when i restore it i wont have to buy a new one?

Thanks

Hey, i was thinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings to take care of some fps issues ive been having for the last 10 months, since my laptop came without an OS disc does that mean that the OS is integrated into the laptop and that when i restore it i wont have to buy a new one?

Thanks

Is it new? Does it still have a warranty? If it still has a warranty, take it back so you don't void the warranty.

There is probably a function key you can press during the boot process to get to the menu for factory restore. You will lose everything. All software & settings will revert to the day you got the laptop. You should be able to find more info at the vendor's web site or the manual.

So you didn't have the frame rate issue initially? Maybe there is something running in the background that's consuming a lot of the system resources?

Reset ?

You will have a pc as it left the factory, with all it had then, all default settings and all your work and anything you have added since will be gone. In a 'factory reset', Windows is copied from a hidden partition to replace the Windows O/S that you have been using, so if you want to do that, be sure to copy anything you value off the pc, so you can add it back after the factory reset.

Back