Question about "Sandboxie" program

By jimnor46
May 28, 2009
  1. Anyone on here familiar with/use the program Sandboxie?

What is your opinion/experience with it?

Looks like it might be a good program to use, just wondering?

2. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

I hear Leo Laporte talk about it once in a while and he recommends it. I would love to try it but it doesn't work on Vista 64...
  3. jimnor46

jimnor46 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well, that pretty much puts a stop to me using it also. That's what I'm running. Too bad, it might have been a pretty good program.

Thanks for the reply.

4. gguerra

gguerra TS Maniac Posts: 317

It has worked well for me so far. They did drop support for 64-bit a while back although you might still find an older version.
  5. jimnor46

I checked back on the website where I saw the ad to see if maybe this was a new version that would work with x64 but couldn't find any specs. It says "Win-all", I guess this means all but x64, just my luck. I keep running into this problem. Everything works on the x32 but x64 is still kinda the orphan child.

Oh well, so much for that.

Thanks for the responses.

6. ChinoNYC

ChinoNYC TS Enthusiast Posts: 85

I managed to find something about Sandboxie for 64-bit systems... It's version 2.3 from as much as I can tell since the dialog box popped up on my screen when I tried to run it... I have enclosed it in a RAR file...
  7. jimnor46

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.