TechSpot

Question about SPEEDFAN!

By Drivenby
Nov 18, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello there , i was using YOUGAMERS benchmark a few minutes ago to see if i could run a particular game... well after my pc FROZE , it rebooted itself because the cpu was "overheating"... So i'm using speedfan to check what went wrong...

Here are my temps right now
    CPU : 48 (OK) , Ambient: 48 (OK) , Remote:84 (HOT!) , Hdd0 :52 (HOT!) , Hdd1: 52 (HOT!)...

the only one thats particulary HOT! , is the REMOTE TEMP and i have no idea what that is (could it be my video card? , i have no way of checking my temp since it doesn't support ATI OVERDRIVE and i also believe it doesn't have a temperature sensor)
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,845   +165

These temps are not all that hot... Speedfan depends on the motherboards capabilities (sensors). Most motherboard only allow Speedfan to report just a few temps. Not all readings are accurate.
    What are your system specs? Video card, processor, operating system, memory?
  3. Drivenby

Drivenby TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

Thks for replying... My RIG is Pentium D 2.8GHZ , 1GB RAM DDR2, 2 HDD (160 & 60) , Jetway X1950Pro , Windows XP SP2... My country is also fairly hot (around 30 degrees the entire year).. Do you know what REMOTE temperature is?...
    When i booted my pc it said something like this "System had to reboot itself due to CPU overheating"

Side note : My videocard doesn't have temperature diodes (or they are locked away , i don't know , i have no way to access the temp...)
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,845   +165

You might want to add another case fan to circulate inside air a little better. We are getting into winter here. Our first measurable snowfall should happen tomorrow
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.