Question about the "Tech Exchange" kick-off

penn919

Hi,

I just now came across the new "Tech Exchange" forum and I'm interested in pitching some stuff in there, but after reading through the rules and conditions I may not qualify because, In a way, I'm sort of new to this community board. I got lucky with the 90-day membership requirement because while attempting to register, I found out that I've been a member since 2008. Apparently, I registered to post a single reply in a thread almost exactly two years from this very day (08-28-08) how crazy is that! ..but obviously I don't meet the "60 posts" requirement. I mean, by no means am I saying it's an absurd requirement..but at the same time, 60 posts would be a lot to BS..so is it possible for me to be exempted?

I've been a frequent visitor on techspot.com and i think I've actually posted a few comments as a guest in some of the articles...if that counts for anything. I've recently opened an online electronics/computer hardware store and I figure your Tech Exchange forum would be a good place to sell a few things here and there. I'd just like to get a jump start in building a respectable reputation....and a shot at the MSI X-slim laptop ;)

Probably best to PM Julio.

I think at least part of those requirements are set because we (the community) need to get a feel for the person we are buying from. If you fill up 60 posts with BS to make the requirement then people may see that and think you aren't someone they want to deal with.. But if you had 60 posts that were helpful or otherwise 'good', that would make someone more likely to buy.

Also I think that the tech exchange part should be looked at more as a privilege rather than a right.

I'm not going to comment on whether its right or not, because I'm in no position to make a decision.

However, on the positive note, I've been here long enough to see several prize giveaways, so the best advice I can offer is to start posting, and get to know the members in the forum. I guarantee there will be another prize giveaway in the future you'll be able to take part in. :)

Probably best to PM Julio.

I think at least part of those requirements are set because we (the community) need to get a feel for the person we are buying from. If you fill up 60 posts with BS to make the requirement then people may see that and think you aren't someone they want to deal with.. But if you had 60 posts that were helpful or otherwise 'good', that would make someone more likely to buy.

Also I think that the tech exchange part should be looked at more as a privilege rather than a right.

Point well taken. I guess a little patience won't hurt.

SNGX summed it up rather well. The greatest reason behind the minimum post count is so members can get a feel for one another. 60 posts should be enough to judge whether or not you feel comfortable making an exchange with someone, and it isn't that hard to accumulate.

:) Leeky is also spot on. There are plenty of other giveaways in the pipeline. In fact, you can currently participate in this Acer Aspire One giveaway: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic151388.html

SNGX summed it up rather well. The greatest reason behind the minimum post count is so members can get a feel for one another. 60 posts should be enough to judge whether or not you feel comfortable making an exchange with someone, and it isn't that hard to accumulate.

:) Leeky is also spot on. There are plenty of other giveaways in the pipeline. In fact, you can currently participate in this Acer Aspire One giveaway:

Yeah, I actually noticed that right after I posted this thread. It's cool how this forum conducts giveaways on the regular.

Back