Question about wireless adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin246

A couple years ago I bought a new computer and installed a wireless adapter into it. It connects to a Linksys Wireless-G router. I recently bought a customized PC and took it into a computer store to be assembled and the technicians said that this adapter is not compatible with Vista. It is also linksys and it is a wireless-g adapter. I know the router works with Vista because it says so in its specifications when I found the exact model number (WRT54G). I'm very frustrated that my adapter apparently does not work with Vista. Is there a patch that makes it Vista-friendly? Or will I have to purchase a new adapter? Thanks for any help.

Vista is only friendly with drivers that are certified by Microsoft. if that adapter does not have those drivers then it will never work. I have a Vista computer that the sound card quit working on when SP1 came out and I have never been able to get it to work again.

I found out that there are drivers for the wireless adapter model I have. (WMP54G) The Linksys site has several vista drivers for this model; now I hope that my wireless adapter is version 4.0 or 4.1. Otherwise, I'll just have to buy a new adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back