Question on Comodo Registry Cleaner (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've been using COMODO Firewall for a while now and I really like it, so I got their BETA version of their Registry Cleaner. After letting it run, it found thousands of problems (something that my tried-and-true CCleaner did not!) and, of course, I checked the button to remove all the errors. Now when I go to boot up the computer, I get a pop-up window that says the Windows Document Viewer is preparing for installation. I try to click Cancel, but it does nothing. I cannot click on the red X to close the window, either. I have to press Ctl+Alt+Del and go into the Task Manager to manually end the task. The next time I tried to boot-up, another window for the Tray App came up saying it was trying to install. Can someone help with this? Did COMODO remove too much? I didn't change any of the original settings and it is compatible with my XP Pro/SP2 system. How do I get rid of these things? Thanks in advance!

Yes, Comodo removes too much. You really have to monitor COMODO so as to control what damage it does.
A reinstall of those components is the only good fix.

What Kcircyrd said. Registry cleaners are more bane than good. Much caution must be used anytime one atetmpts to work with the registry.

Thank you both! I've realized the problem was with my printer, somehow. I'm now having to uninstall it and all the things that go with it and then reinstall everything. At least I know it was nothing major!

Thanks again!

As you uninstall, run a simple registry cleaner before you reinstall those printer drivers, then reboot before you begin the reinstall.

For the record, most of us do not recommend using a Registry Cleaner. There is NO SIMPLE Registry Cleaner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back