Question regarding Nod32

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrogue

Hola. :)

I'm a newcomer here but I really like the site and have received some first rate help in cleaning up a friend's computer in the malware forum. I've also read a lot of the threads here and a great deal of it is top notch and extremely informative so I thought I'd ask my question here as i feel that I can trust the answers and that they'll be non-biased.

My question is this: How do you guys rate NOD32 Antivirus?

I have it and have been happy with it since I bought it but a few people I know in IT (their profession, not a description of their skill level which can vary greatly) have said that they have never heard of it and/or heard that it is second rate. Can this be true? When I bought it I had come to the opposite conclusion and I've been happy with it (safe surfing habits means that it's never had to find anything but I'm confident it could if it had to).

Eh, I talk a lot. If I don't cut myself short I'll go on for two pages chatting it up.

Basically, I'm leaning towards renewing my license with Eset but, before I do, wanted to know if any of you had any experience with it, good or bad. On a scale of 1 to 10, is it a 9, or a 3? :)

NOD32 is in no way second rate. It is a top tier antivirus. I have run it now for almost three years and it has been excellent. Does this mean it is perfect? No, but no antivirus is perfect and this includes Kaspersky, Avast, and Avira Antivir which are all antiviruses with high reputations. Only once did I get infected and that was due to my then 14 year old son's web browsing habits

I still run version NOD32 2.7 but I am waiting for the 4.0 beta version to, well, get out of beta. :)

I rate it 9. No antivirus is a 10. With Online Armor and SuperAntiSpyware this layered method has been a superb combination. This is my personal opinion based on my experience and I am sticking to it. :approve:

By the way, I don't know if you have ever visited ESET's official forums but they can be reached at www.wilderssecurity.com Very active and very helpful. One other thing, if it has been working great for you then stick with it.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. It's much appreciated. I've been very happy with NOD32 as well. I think that it just maybe flies under the radar for some people. I'm always surprised how many people don't know what it is when I tell them what I use. I guess I just wanted to make sure that the rave reviews I read way back when were still relevant before I renewed. Thanks again! :)

And thanks for the link to Eset's forums. I never knew they had any. I'm going to have to bookmark them and check them out.

I have been using NOD32 for almost four years now, and while I have tried changing to other programs, I always end up coming back to it. It is the best AV I have ever used, hands down.

I have been using NOD32 for a year and it helped a couple of times. Now i switched to Comodo CIS, because it's free, and make on-demand scans with MBAM or CureIt sometimes. And yes, i never open suspicious emails, etc. etc...

My PC feels good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back