Question regarding Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and DirectX 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently downloaded RCT3 Platinum onto my computer that runs on windows xp........When I tried to run RCT3 an error popped up saying that Direct X 9 could not be found. I thought that was weird because usually it is downloaded along with the game, but anyway i downloaded DirectX 9.0c from microsoft.com, and still the same error keeps showing up....any ideas?

Perhaps your graphics solution does not support DirectX9. What graphics do you have?

To see what videocard you have go to Start > Run and type "dxdiag" ( without quotes ) and click on the "Display" tab. Under the "name" it should say what it is.

According to my computer I am using a generic video driver and Direct3D is not available, how do I download an updated video driver that will run RCT3 or any other game for that matter?

I suspect that you won't be able to with your current system hardware. However, since I don't know what it is, it can't hurt to try.

It depends on the PC you have. If you have onboard graphics and a PC made by a major manufacturer, such as Dell, HP, Gateway, etc., you go to their website and find the appropriate graphics driver. If it is a custom built PC, you would go to the motherboard manufacturer's website for the driver. If you have a separate graphics card, you can go to the graphics card manufacturer's website for the driver or directly to Nvidia or ATI.

It worked......i went to dell.com(cuz i have a dell) and downloaded a video driver and now it works......thanks for all your help

Direct X can not be found

My lovely wife & kids fried my hard drive, too many hard shutdowns, not leaving the door open on the PC desk so the tower just baked....

Anyway after reinstalling RCT3, I get this same message, that direct x can not be found, even though i know it is installed....i saw some dialogue from another user who also had a Dell that they just needed to download an updated video driver from Dell - does anyone know which one / a specific link to use? Hopefully this will solve my issue, please let me know, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back