Question with phenom overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a phenom 9500. I have it overclocked, believe it or not to 4 ghz. I have the multiplier set to x20 and its running stable. The only thing im wondering about is when i run cpu z it still reports that the cpu is running at the stock 2.2 ghz although windows vista shows 4 ghz as does my bios. So is my computer actually running this fast or is it a lier? Any help is appreciated.

It might very well be a "liar". No monitoring software is guaranteed to give you 100% accurate readings 100% of the time :). Try another third party software and see what happens.

jcox20 said:
I have a phenom 9500. I have it overclocked, believe it or not to 4 ghz. I have the multiplier set to x20 and its running stable. The only thing im wondering about is when i run cpu z it still reports that the cpu is running at the stock 2.2 ghz although windows vista shows 4 ghz as does my bios. So is my computer actually running this fast or is it a lier? Any help is appreciated.

I really doubt its running at 4.0GHz. Something is definitely reporting false information. I can't get my 9600 to run a multiplier of 13 stable, so 20 is more than hard to believe. No one has gotten any of the Phenom's anywhere close to 4GHz. The highest clocked Phenom world wide is a 9850BE at 3.6GHz, 1,100MHz OC on water. Check out this thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167447

You should find the majority of your questions answers there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back