TechSpot

Quick Question about Monitor Chipset

By bebop
Sep 30, 2008
  1. I decided to reboot my computer after being infected with a lot of viruses. In addition to learning about the value of backing up my data, docs., pictures, etc. the hard way, I have had some trouble setting things up again.

I've actually got to the point where I'm down to one last task. I have a Acer 22" LCD Monitor, which since I have rebuilt and recovered, is not displaying at its true resolution, but rather, like a monitor for Windows 95.

It came with a CD which I ran, but that is doing anything. I also tried going to Acer's site and downloading a driver for this model. Oddly, the site says that the driver associated with my model (Acer Model No. AL2223W) is for Vista, whereas on this computer I run XP.

I have read about downloading a "chipset" to restore my monitor to where it used to be.

Any guidance on how to get it back to where it was? When I installed it out of the box, it worked fine.

Thanks!

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

3. bebop

bebop TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for your help. I tried that site, and it led me to the same driver as I previously installed. It only offers 1 driver for my model, and has the OS as Vista. It downloads as a compressed file, and when I unzip, it yields one .cab file and two separate .icm files.

I went to Dell's site and installed some drivers, and I think it is fixed now. Thanks!!

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Dell's site?

But don't you have an Acer?

Here's Dell drivers

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.