Quick Request for Vista Users: Bug with WMP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed a bug within Windows Media Player 11 for Vista and I'm wondering if it applies to other users as well. When I try to play a video larger than the size that I last set WMP to be, it does not correctly enlarge to fit the native resolution of the video. I have 100% video size and "Fit Player to Video on Start" checked, but it doesn't seem to be working properly. For example, I'm trying to play a 720p video, but it's still using the original size I last used the player in rather than adjusting itself to the video. This is probably a quick bug verification for anyone using Vista. Can someone confirm before I freak out? This behavior is getting REALLY annoying.

I know for a fact that if I uncheck "Fit Player to Video on Start" and recheck it, it would work properly, but obviously this is not normal.

It does the same thing for me. It comes up in a smaller window regardless of the video res, but can be manually adjusted to full size(shouldn't have to).

So it's not just me? Who else is getting this? Anyone have any idea of a fix? When I was using XP, this was a non-issue, so I'm going to assume this is exclusive to Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back