Quiet fan that pushes air

By ingeborgdot
Nov 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I know this may spark a debate but as I go to reviews about fans I keep getting pointed in the direction of the Scythe gentle typhoon 1850rpm. I have looked for it but no one seems to have it. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks.
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

availability of these things is hit or miss sometimes. Are you wanting a recommendation for a particular application?
    if so, what are you using it for?
    what do ant to spend?
    What size?
  3. ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 752

I am looking for a fan for a case. Good cfm but low noise and under 20 bucks.
  4. lipe123

lipe123 TechSpot Guru Posts: 411   +75

5. Mizzou

Mizzou TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930

FrozenCPU carries the entire Scythe Gentle Typhoom lineup, but they are out of stock top to bottom. Might be worth giving them a call to see if they'll be restocking any time soon.
  6. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

I have that exact fan, it's very nice and quiet and airflow is good, so would recommend it if you can get your hands on it. I found this video very useful if you were debating which RPM one to get.

Also I wouldn't pay too much attention to the manufacturer CFM and dB specs, they are usually rubbish.
  7. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,232   +119

Any big fan = win.

Slower rpm (quieter), same airflow.
  8. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

9. Mizzou

Mizzou TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930

Not bad at all, color scheme is kind of unusual but I guess you get used to it like Noctua.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.