TechSpot

Quiet fan that pushes air

By ingeborgdot
Nov 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I know this may spark a debate but as I go to reviews about fans I keep getting pointed in the direction of the Scythe gentle typhoon 1850rpm. I have looked for it but no one seems to have it. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,217   +157

availability of these things is hit or miss sometimes. Are you wanting a recommendation for a particular application?
    if so, what are you using it for?
    what do ant to spend?
    What size?

3. ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 431

I am looking for a fan for a case. Good cfm but low noise and under 20 bucks.

4. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 587   +143

5. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 823

FrozenCPU carries the entire Scythe Gentle Typhoom lineup, but they are out of stock top to bottom. Might be worth giving them a call to see if they'll be restocking any time soon.

6. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +170

I have that exact fan, it's very nice and quiet and airflow is good, so would recommend it if you can get your hands on it. I found this video very useful if you were debating which RPM one to get.

Also I wouldn't pay too much attention to the manufacturer CFM and dB specs, they are usually rubbish.

7. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,149   +194

Any big fan = win.

Slower rpm (quieter), same airflow.

8. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,217   +157

9. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 823

Not bad at all, color scheme is kind of unusual but I guess you get used to it like Noctua.