Quite and excellent cooling fan?

By andoyan
Jul 15, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello All,
    i am building my own unit and i need help with a Cooling fan I wanted to be quite and excellent as far as cooling and lasting, Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks again
    Jon
  2. Hudozie

Hudozie Newcomer, in training

i know im not a guru or anything and i dont know much about fans to recommend any but i thought it might help the next people who read this to know what you are trying to cool....you said you are building a new computer so im guessing you are wanting some case fans and a cpu fan? might also help if you posted your build so we know what your trying to cool so the tech wizards can tell you the appropriate fan/s. also how much are you wanting to spend.
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,280   +23

Depends on what you consider quiet.

I would recommend the Scythe SFF21F and the SFF21E as quiet fans that push a decent amount of air. The Nexus D12SL-12 (also available as the Yate Loon D12SL-12) is another great fan, as is the Noctua NF-S12. All of them have a more-or-less silent noise profile at full speed and they push a reasonably good amount of air at this speed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.