TechSpot

"R" key on keyboard is sometimes working and sometimes not

By PrPrO
Apr 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hy,
    my r key on PC isn't working even on the on-screen keyboard or on the other keyboard, but when i restart my compute it is working well, but after some time i is not working anymore :p but i can write R with shift+r :p o the little r when caps lock is enabled and then have to press shift+r
    Can You please help me?
    Thank You in advance :D

2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,271

Borrow a USB keyboard and plug that in and see what happens with the "R" key.

3. PrPrO

PrPrO TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

i have 3 keyboards, i use 2 of them :D
    it was the pšroblem on both of them, when i restarted it it seems that the problem is gone, but b4 when i restarted after i've done sth. the problem came back, ill post here back if the problem comes back ;)

4. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,361   +52

Turn the keyboard upside down above a table and (failrly) gently tap one edge (not the keys), on the table-top for a few seconds. Be amazed at what falls out, and if the R keys is reliably working again I will not be the least bit surprised.

5. PrPrO

PrPrO TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

well, not alot of thing ell out cuz i cleaned it few days ago ;)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.