Rackspace goes after 'most notorious patent troll in America'

By Shawn Knight
Apr 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. IT hosting company Rackspace is going after what they describe as the most notorious patent troll in America. The company filed a lawsuit against Parallel Iron and IP Nav, patent assertion entities (PAE) that make money by licensing patents to...

Read more
  2. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 616   +185

Remember when unrealized patents couldn't hold an industry hostage? Pepperidge Farms remembers!
    BlueDrake likes this.
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,228   +328

A communistic precept comes to mind, after reading such articles - "Shoot all the lawyers!"
    havok585 likes this.
  4. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

I sense a lot of bridges will be safer to cross as the trolls are now out warring with each other. QUICK!! Get your goats across!! Before Apple takes up residence!!
    Timonius and BlueDrake like this.
  5. I think that these patent trolls need to be outed. They're not afraid of anything. They sue where they can, and collect what they can, but if they face any sort of opposition they tuck their tails between their legs and run.

So what needs to happen, is any time any website or company is under threat, they need to make it as public as possible. Let the power of the internet handle these scum bags. Every time something like this happens, release the full names of the lawyers involved and their company addresses.

At that point, let the internet trolls loose. I don't know about you guys, but I've seen the power of trolls on the internet. It wouldn't take very many instances of law firms being hacked, identities stolen, DDOS attacks, etc., before the patent trolls were too scared to keep doing what they're doing.

These people truly are scum, they should be exposed. No one truly likes having the spotlight on them. And in the end, it'd be pretty entertaining for us to sit back and watch.
  6. @ previous poster, if we shoot all the lawyers who will defend us from Obama? as well as other patent trolls?

@the poster right behind me, are you suggesting we have troll wars? troll fighting troll?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.