Radeon 3850 with 6 pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I had a look through quite a few of the HP docs, but it doesnt seem to give specifications of the power supply. Please check the total wattage (W, eg. 450W) and also how many amps on the 12v, 5v and 3.3v rails.; It will most likely show the rail amps as a table so...

12V 5V 3.3V
28A 16A 42A

This is just a random example, so please provide us with this information. Also please detail as much info as possible for the following by using the PSU calculator here.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

Fill in this, and see how many watts your system is currently using, and then by adding how many watts the 3850 uses, we can determine if it is necessary to upgrade PSU as well. I think you probably will have to, so keep this in mind.

Nic.

Output 12V 14A 12V.8A
5V 25A 5VSB 2A
250W Max
5V & 3.3V 165W MAx 5V & 12V 218w MAX

Sorry, I dont know what these numbers mean and I couldn't fiugre out how to fill out the psucalculator

No your power supply will NOT work in my opinion, even though the 3800 series cards are pretty efficient. It looks to me like they put a power supply that was just enough for the stuff that came in the computer

well I got a 450W psu for another computer (also HP although 2 years older) whose psu broke down. Do you think I can switch the two and have it work?

ok, so I checked and it is a 380W PSU. It works with my computer. The question now is, would it work with the 3850?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back