Radeon 5750 on a Tagan 430W?

By GateKeeper13
Jan 26, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greetings!!!

I want to buy a Radeon 5750 but I don't know if my Tagan 430W PSU will be able to handle it.

What do you think? Will I be ok or not?

If the answer is no, is GT 240 1GB a good -low power consumption- alternative?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,988   +66

Here is the list of AMD/ATI certified power supplies for Radeon HD Series graphic cards.

I guess it may work alright but a 500 Watt power supply would be more appropriate.
  3. GateKeeper13

GateKeeper13 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

What about the GT 240 1GB? Will it work ok?
  4. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

The Radeon HD 5750 requires a minimum 450W PSU.

The GT 240 should run fine on your Tagan as its recommended is 300W.
  5. GateKeeper13

Yes, a minimum 450W but I think it refers to the no name PSUs if I am not mistaken. My PSU cost 90 euros 2 years ago... ;-)
  6. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

I would agree there. I personally felt that a Corsair 400CX might be able to run the 5750. However, it's always better to be on the safe side. Though Tagan is a pretty good brand.
  7. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,390   +16

Imo a better low-power alternative if you don't want the 5750 is a 5670 even a 4770. Benchmark wise both outperform the GT 240. But before you write off the 5750, give us more detail from you PSU (maybe a link to it?). Like how much amps on your 12v rail?

PS: Reading around I see others running with similar to lower PSU's, just fyi :) .
  8. GateKeeper13

Its 26A on 12V I think. Thanks for your kind replies guys!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.