Radeon 9600 pro problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok im sure the 9600 pro radeon is not that great but i have brought one and have installed it based on computer manufactureres specifications.it requires a power supply and have connected it but the system doesnt seem to recognise that there is a aftermarket graphics card there.i cant remove the old output for the monitor either as it is a small plug at the back that seems to b soldered directly onto the motherboard......
and ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

u did not say what the computer is, but it sounds like the old output to me like it is onboard video. go in the bios and see if in there if u can disable it, and set the bios to use the pcix16 slot for video, it may called peg.

also the card has a power supply input and when i connected it and turned on the computer the fan didnt start or anything to indicate that there was power going to it

did u make sure the card was plugged in securely to the slot and the power plug? if not do so.

i went into the bios and turned the board from onboard t pci-e thn i made sure bot h card nd the power supply o the card were firmly pushed in.i dthen downloaded the driver from t at website and when it did its searchit said it couldn find any compatibl hrdware.yet when i rung hp thesaid that the coper and graphics card were compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back