Radeon 9800 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last couple of weeks my Radeon 9800 128 mb video card (or at least I think it is the cause of my problems) has been acting up. I have had the computer for close to two years with no problems up til now. I get 4 yellow streaks that run vertically down my screen equally spaced out. In computer games objects will be stretched and connected to other objects. There is also discoloration in what seems to be random tiles. I have the latest drivers and I have not installed any new software or hardware. I've cleaned off the fan, and i'm pretty sure it is running fast enough. The streaks will appear on my screen whether or not I play a game, but they appear much faster if I do. If I restart my computer sometimes they go away, but usually I have to turn the computer off fully and restart the computer (and sometimes they don't go away then). Sometimes the streaks will go away on their own, but then come back. Any suggestions on what my problem might be would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like your monitor. if you have another computer you have access to try putting your video card in that and see how it comes out. my monitor sucks and if i leave it on too long the picture gets distorted and stretches out so i can barley see my icons on the side. if it is your video card then go to newegg.com and get a new one. they have great deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back