TechSpot

Radeon HD 3870 x2

By erniebgood2005
Aug 29, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am curious why the price difference between the vision tec 3870 x2 ($379.99) and the Asus 3870 x2 ($ 219.99) . Can any one tell me. I am leaning toward the Asus because I have the asus P5E3 deluxe wifi-ap@n. can anyone help. Is there any technical differences that I need to be aware of to justify this price difference?
  2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Look at the specs regarding core clock, memory clock, shader clock, and memory size. I don't have them handy so check the manufacturer's site for the specs or go to an online retailer like NewEgg and have a look. There's probably not that much of a difference so I would opt for the cheaper of the two.
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

I think you're talking about the OC edition of the Visiontek card, which comes with a better cooler I believe, making it the better buy but for about $300, you could basically get an HD 4870 instead of the Visiontek card. I recommend the cheaper ASUS card or the HD 4870 if you can go for it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.