Radeon HD 5670 vs HD 5570

nikkhasnsi

How come both these card cost the same (with MIR 5670 is actually cheaper than 5570.) despite 5670 being DDR5 and 570DDR3? Both have 1GB memory size.

I don't know where in the world you reside, but in the states the 5670 ranges from $75-$120 depending on what manufacturer.
The 5570 ranges from $70-$90
They are the same chip with 400 SPU's, but the 5670 is outfitted with DDR5 and a 775Mhz core speed as opposed to the 5570 with DDR3 and 650Mhz core. As for the price, you will occasionally have two cards like this overlap in price depending on the supply and manufacturers different versions, trying to move stock, more expensive cooling solutions etc..

I am looking at newegg.com prices and the manufacturer is Sapphire.

Also, I just bought the 5570. If I am getting 5670 at the same price, would it be advisable to return the 5570 and get the 5670?

The 5570 replaced Nvidia 8600GT, which was good enought for the games I played (C&C, AOE, COD MW2. Warcraft, FC2, Bio Shock, FEAR) but did not play L4D2. I have a Dell Vostro with 300w PSU. 5570 seems to have no issues with it.

If the 5570 is working for you, and the games,settings, resolution, etc, then great. The 5670 is a bit more powerful card and you could up the res,graphic details, etc with it. If you can do an even exchange for the 5670, I would say by all means do it. remember, graphics/games are only going to get more demanding.....hoped that helped :)

Just wanted to point out, that its GDDR5, not DDR5.
Anyways, if you have a 5570 with GDDR3 memory, and want a 5670. I would do that, and get a 5670. As for your 300W PSU, Your 5570 draws 43w, while the 5670 draws 61. You should be just fine.

Can you post your GPU-Z image of the 5570, you know download GPU-Z and hit the camera button in the upper right corner and post the image.

Which is a good manufacturer? I bought 5570 from Sapphire, but Sapphire's 5670 is out of stock on newegg. I can order it from amazon though.

Alright after looking at your card specs, not bad at all. However, i would stick with GDDR5 cards. Which i plan too myself soon, i only have a pny 9800gt and a gts 250 which is gddr3 but very powerful ones.

Anyways, this is a good one, one which i plan on buying:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161334

I always wanted a ICE edition.

or if you want to keep the brand sapphire, just order from newegg or amazon a 5670 1gb sapphire card. :) But a 5670 with gddr5 memory will be nice. 300W PSU should be just fine for it.

If you worry tho, grab a nice PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023

^, it refers to the card's custom cooling solution. Unnecessary since the 5670 doesn't get very hot at all.

As for manufacturers, as long as it's not Jaton, ECS, Jetway or EPoX, you should be fine. The top ATI card manufacturers are Sapphire, HIS, XFX & Visiontek. Then come companies like Gigabyte, ASUS & MSI. Bringing up the bottom, you have PowerColor & Diamond, Note that none of these is bad to buy; just that some offer more advantages and reliability than others. For example, XFX & Visiontek provide Lifetime warranties as standard, while Sapphire, HIS, Gigabyte, ASUS & MSI are known for their special editions of different cards that feature custom cooling and factory overclocking, among other things. PowerColor & Diamond offer great value deals from time to time that are very hard to beat.

It's upto you, but IMHO, I would choose the cheapest card from the top four manufacturers and go with it.

And don't worry about the PSU; the 5670 doesn't draw enough power for it to overload your PSU.

Thank you all for you suggestions. They really helped a lot. I did order the HIS IceQ H567Q1GD Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity from newwegg. Got it for $89.99, has a $10 MIR.

Planning to return the 5570 I have.

Thank you all for you suggestions. They really helped a lot. I did order the HIS IceQ H567Q1GD Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity from newwegg. Got it for $89.99, has a $10 MIR.

Planning to return the 5570 I have.

Very good Choice, i plan to buy it soon also. Let us know how it all works out alright :)
Now you can game very easily. Btw what resolution are you using?

Btw what resolution are you using?

Display resolution? 1200X900 (approx, can't remember the exact numbers). Its less than half what HD5570 supports. i am able to play Red Faction2 at high settings without problem.

5670 is going to actually cost me about $20 more cos of restocking and shipping fee back to newegg.com, but WTH...

One downside with the HIS HD5670 is that it takes 2 slots whereas sapphire requires 1

IMO, it's not really a downside. If you look closer at the Sapphire, the heatsink/fan assembly is tall enough so that you can't use the next slot anyway but because it doesn't vent to the outside, it's harder for the warm air to exit the case. The HIS does vent to the outside. That seems like an advantage to me.

IMO, it's not really a downside. If you look closer at the Sapphire, the heatsink/fan assembly is tall enough so that you can't use the next slot anyway but because it doesn't vent to the outside, it's harder for the warm air to exit the case. The HIS does vent to the outside. That seems like an advantage to me.

Oh...did not realize that...thanks for the info...i did read somewhere that Sapphire takes 2 slots, but pictures do not show that. I guess that it takes up the space internally like you mention.

HIS...the card is BIG, but quiet...in terms of graphics, i tried to play crysis, civilization v and stalker to test it. can play them on medium setting...in fact civilization v and stalker had sone graphic issues like flashing in parts fo the screen.

i haven't tried older games as they ran fine on GT8600GT so assuming they are fine on this one as well.

haven't returned my 5570, just in case. will update this post with findings.

i see posts about overclocking and increasing fps to increase performance. what are they?

Back