Radeon HD 7850 crashing when I play games

Quentin

I have a Sapphire rhadeon 7850. It can run almost any game on highest quality. So I purchased Crysis the original off steam and attempted to run it at Very high settings. After about 10 mins the graphics card crashed. So I had to downgrade it to High. After about a day playing on high it begun to crash on high as well. I now can only run it on medium. Today it crashed while I was playing Planetside2 and it has never don't that before. And just a few minutes ago it crashed while I was playing saints row 3. I believe I have the latest drivers and I don't know exactly what to do in the amd catalyst. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Try the following things:

Uninstall and go through a Clean Re-install of your graphics drivers.

Download HWmonitor or your choice of GPU tempreature monitoring tool and see what type of Temps you are getting while playing games. Overheating will definitely make a GPU crash. (If it is overheating, go ahead and thoroughly clean your GPU. )

What is the rest of your computer setup?
What resolution do you play these games at?

As Blkfx1 Said
Try the following things:

Uninstall and go through a Clean Re-install of your graphics drivers.

Download HWmonitor or your choice of GPU tempreature monitoring tool and see what type of Temps you are getting while playing games. Overheating will definitely make a GPU crash. (If it is overheating, go ahead and thoroughly clean your GPU. )

What is the rest of your computer setup?
What resolution do you play these games at?​

with more added to it

open the Side panel of the Pc and Link it down to the Post
Do u live in a hot sided country?
Does your graphics card have enough space?
are the all the fans working perfectly on the graphics card

if this is gonna persist if u want keep the side panel open and use an extra fan for cooling else Go to Msi afterburner and increase the fan speed or decreace the mem clock and core clock

Specs= AsRock Z77 Pro4
Intel Core i5 3570K tempt=30-35C
AMD Radeon HD 7850=29C

I play all my games at Very High Graphics.

Specs= AsRock Z77 Pro4
AMD Radeon HD 7850=29C
29C is actually really cool for a GPU when playing games. Is this idle temperatures or during game?

Specs= AsRock Z77 Pro4
AMD Radeon HD 7850=29C

I play all my games at Very High Graphics.
sorry to say but that temperature is all of idle start up a game and stress the graphics card

29C is actually really cool for a GPU when playing games. Is this idle temperatures or during game?

unless he actualy watercools I doubt he will even get that close not even with watercooling u get that low on games

My cords in the case are a bit messy but I gave the graphics card the room that it needed.
Im going to reinstall drivers now.
and those tempatures were idle.
dmcfhc.jpg

Uninstall the current ones and

try this http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst1211betadriver.aspx

FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE AMD CATALYST 12.11 BETA DRIVER:

This driver introduces significant performance improvements for many games across ALL 28nm AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series products: HD 7700, HD7800 and HD7900.

Performance Highlights of the AMD CATALYST 12.11 BETA Driver

10%-15% more performance in Battlefield 3 in most cases
More than 20% in certain missions and sequences (Comrades)
Up to 7% more performance in Metro 2033
Up to 10% more performance in DIRT Showdown
Up to 8% more performance in Sleeping Dogs
Up to 12% more performance in Civilization V
Up to 10% more performance in StarCraft II
Up to 8% more performance in Sniper Elite: V2

when I see those numbers on increace performance on Battlefield 3 I feel like Amd are on the right track :) on the Graphics card and Budget Componments like Cpus that is I still would prefer an i5-3570k but for my likings I dont really give alot of notice to the graphics exept Skill effects and Terrain so A normal phenom x4 would do me magics with a little boost of a radeon 7850 which nowadays still maxes Battlefield 3

^ im downloading it now, and while I was ready the notes I read a part about a 45% increase performance on Crysis 2. I purchased C2 a few days ago so hopefully this helps alot. :D

U should already be able to play it at 30 fps definatly at max with that graphics card well depends on the resolution and ur cpu

Ok New drivers installed im going to try Crysis now at max settings and see what happends. Wish me luck!

Bad news: While playing Saints row 3 it crashed. The heat never went above 45 Celsius. D: I dont know what to do now.

I have also noticed that it is only a problem when I play games. Everything else works perfectly.

I get this too, same graphics card. I too have noticed this problem while playing Saints Row 3, and more recently Neverwinter. The game will run fine (and on high detail etc) for a while, sometimes a few hours and sometimes only a few minutes.
My screen will go black and whatever sound was playing last will loop for a few seconds before getting robotty and eventually falling silent. My monitor at this point is saying there is no signal but the pc is still "running"

Back