Radeon Pro 9000 TV Out Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a couple years now I have used a Radeon 9000 Pro video card with the TV out to send my desktop to the TV to watch video etc. All of a sudden I went to use it today and all I'm getting is a blue screen on the TV. No matter what settings I mess with I can't get the desktop to extend to the TV unless I make the TV the primary monitor and then the computer monitor will just be a blue screen. If I reboot in safe mode then the desktop will extend fine to the TV but when I restart the computer normally it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Tim

Tim9710 said:
For a couple years now I have used a Radeon 9000 Pro video card with the TV out to send my desktop to the TV to watch video etc. All of a sudden I went to use it today and all I'm getting is a blue screen on the TV. No matter what settings I mess with I can't get the desktop to extend to the TV unless I make the TV the primary monitor and then the computer monitor will just be a blue screen. If I reboot in safe mode then the desktop will extend fine to the TV but when I restart the computer normally it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Tim

Have you tried uninstalling/deleting ALL of your ATi drivers and files and doing a fresh install? I used to own a 9800 AIW and had that happen. A fresh install of ATi's software fixed the problem.

Download DriverCleaner. Start in safe mode and use the Windows Add/Remove Software program in Control Panel to uninstall all the ATi stuff. Reboot. Run the DriverCleaner software to make sure you get it all. Reboot. Then install the fresh drivers.

Well I ended up going into device manager and disabling the video card on both displays and restarted. I then enabled again restarted and everything worked find again. Not sure what that did but it works :giddy:

Thanks
-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back