Radeon vs GeForce

By redpikachu12
Jul 26, 2009
  1. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,115   +9

i would say grab the 9500 its a great pci card

2. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,672   +9

In PCIe benchmarks the 9500GT betters the Radeon HD4350. So assuming the same for PCI, I have to second Klepto12.

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,429   +27

Both are utterly crap for gaming. For general use, just get an 8400GS PCI.

For gaming, save up for a new PC instead.

4. Punkid

Punkid TS Guru Posts: 419

ive got a 9500gt for a while now,used to be enough a few months back but now its not keeping up with new games,get a 9800gtx atleast,

5. redpikachu12

redpikachu12 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 30

does that one come in only in pci-e cause thats the only one i see i have pci slots only

6. redpikachu12

You posted that you have a 9800gtx with pci not pci-express there is a major diffrence for my computer lol so if u have a link as to where i can find one of those with pci and not pci-express slots or known as pci-e
    thank you

7. syde

syde TS Rookie Posts: 113

What are you trying to do with your computer? video games I'm guessing? if so:

I wouldn't buy either.

What games do/are you currently playing? judging off your pc spec I'd recommend holding off for a new pc or at a minmum tell me what games you are trying to play and I'll find the best card for you (if you give me a price range)

hope this helps.

8. redpikachu12

thank you
    personally id like to play timeshift but i donno if that has to do with my video card
    id like all the halflife2 episodes to work on my machine and maybe a diffrent game there and here but mainly id like halflife2 episodes to work and deathmatch

9. g4mer

g4mer TS Maniac Posts: 310

I would buy 9500GT. It has 128-bits, and its cheaper. they're pretty much the same...

10. redpikachu12

btw sde about 200

11. Tha General

Tha General TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,106

Buy the 9500gt or the evga 9400gt, buy a 1gb version too.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.