Radeon vs GeForce

By redpikachu12
Jul 26, 2009
  1. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,364   +9

i would say grab the 9500 its a great pci card

2. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

In PCIe benchmarks the 9500GT betters the Radeon HD4350. So assuming the same for PCI, I have to second Klepto12.

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

Both are utterly crap for gaming. For general use, just get an 8400GS PCI.

For gaming, save up for a new PC instead.

4. Punkid

Punkid TS Maniac Posts: 547

ive got a 9500gt for a while now,used to be enough a few months back but now its not keeping up with new games,get a 9800gtx atleast,

5. redpikachu12

redpikachu12 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 37

does that one come in only in pci-e cause thats the only one i see i have pci slots only

6. redpikachu12

You posted that you have a 9800gtx with pci not pci-express there is a major diffrence for my computer lol so if u have a link as to where i can find one of those with pci and not pci-express slots or known as pci-e
    thank you

7. syde

syde TS Rookie Posts: 131

What are you trying to do with your computer? video games I'm guessing? if so:

I wouldn't buy either.

What games do/are you currently playing? judging off your pc spec I'd recommend holding off for a new pc or at a minmum tell me what games you are trying to play and I'll find the best card for you (if you give me a price range)

hope this helps.

8. redpikachu12

thank you
    personally id like to play timeshift but i donno if that has to do with my video card
    id like all the halflife2 episodes to work on my machine and maybe a diffrent game there and here but mainly id like halflife2 episodes to work and deathmatch

9. g4mer

g4mer TS Enthusiast Posts: 340

I would buy 9500GT. It has 128-bits, and its cheaper. they're pretty much the same...

10. redpikachu12

btw sde about 200

11. Tha General

Tha General TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,227

Buy the 9500gt or the evga 9400gt, buy a 1gb version too.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.