Radeon X1300 Pro Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

james190293

Hi, I bought my computer just under a year ago and it ahs been working Fine until now, whenever i start playing a 3d game my screen will start flickering, and when i close the program a mesage comes up saying that Display Driver ATIkmdag has stop responding and successfully recovered, im really not sure whats causing this problem, any information would be helpful, here are my specs:
4GB NECC Dual Channel DDR2 667Mhz SDRAM Memory
Vista Home Preimum
Dell Inspiron
500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive With Native Command Queuing
256MB PCle(TM) x16 ATI Raedon(TM) X1300 Pro w/TV-Out, VGA and DVI
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6550

Start by installing the latest graphics driver. Be sure to uninstall the old one first through Add and Remove Programs.

Sorry mailpup im no computer wiz, would i just find these updates by google? if not could you please tell me how i would go about finding them

Try opening up the case and clean out the accumulated dust. Pay close attention to the fan (if it has one) and heatsink on the graphics card. Perhaps the card is overheating. If there is a fan, is it even working?

i cleaned out all the dust, took the cae off yes there is a fan and yes its working so i dont think its overheating, ill post you voltages and temps when im not in a game and when i am

Temperatures
Motherboard - 35 Degrees
CPU Core 1 - 13 Degrees
CPU Core 2 - 16 Degrees
Aux - 28 Degrees

Fans
CPU Cooling Fan - 1683 RPM
Power Supply - 1566 RPM

Voltage
CPU Core 1.14v
+2.5V - 3.01v
+3.3V - 3.34v
+5v - 5.03v
VBAT Battery 3.17v

While in Game as the Flickers Start Occuring,
Temperatures
Motherboard - 37 Degrees
CPU Core 1 - 25 Degrees
CPU Core 2 - 27 Degrees
Aux - 36 Degrees

Fans
CPU - 1667 RPM
Power Supply - 1581 RPM

Voltages
CPU Core - 1.31V
+2.5V - 3.01V
+ 3.3V - 3.34V
+5V - 5.03 V
VBAT Battery - 3.17V

I'm not sure if your power supply fan is thermally controlled but your CPU fan should be and it doesn't increase in speed while in a game, in fact, it decreased a little. What are you using to report these values? It doesn't seem accurate. At idle can you check what voltages and temperatures are reported by the BIOS?

You can download GPU-Z here and look under Sensors to find your GPU temperature, more useful in this case than the CPU temperature.

GPU Core Clock - 594.0MHz
GPU Memory Clock - 391.5MHz
these readings dont change when the flicker starts to occur, i hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back