RAID-0 restoration

Whiffen

Hey there,

Basically I am having stability issues, so I would like to update my SSD's firmware and reinstall my OS to hopefully stop the constant barrage of instability, bluescreens and driver issues.

attachment.php

I run a Corsair 120GB Force 3 for my OS, and the rest of my music, videos, pictures are on the 2x 2TB arrays. The important stuff is backed up on an external 3TB drive.

In order to run a firmware update I need the SSD to be in ACHI. IDE does not work. So I'm going to have to remove one of my arrays so I can use one of the ACHI ports and update the firmware and wipe the drive.

When I move the SSD back to port 5 can I restore my RAID 0 array with all my files afterwards?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    19 KB · Views: 10
Can you not update firmware without the wipe?? If not, backup your SSD to your external using image backup software such as Acronis. Make sure to create a rescue/boot cd. Make sure your boot cd will "see" the SSD before doing all of this. Upgrade firmware on the SSD. restore the image from your external using the boot cd to the SSD. After you restore image and before you reboot shut down the machine, plug your RAID arrays back in, power everything back and you should be good to go.. If you are worried about losing data on your RAID's, backup these as well using the same software. You can restore from the OS as opposed to the boot cd.

Back