Ram isssue

Status
Not open for further replies.

P4PC

Hello, how can I tell which memory ram my destop needs? i have a Compaq d220 Microtower Desktop PC looking for 1 GB stick or 2 for very cheap price but dunno how to determent which my destop can use >< any help is appreciated

edited: Can I find out by looking at a special number on my current RAM bars? if so which number should i be looking for?

Here a quick, very safe and free way to determine your RAM, what type you need and how much you can install.

Go to Crucial.com (Crucial is one of the world's leading memory makers in the world. They have a free scanner that will scan your system and give you the information you need.

All you need to do is allow them to install their Active X. Once you agree to their terms the scan will do the rest. Many builders including myself use this all the time.

* Get back to us with the results.

And DDR400 pc3200 Will usually work in the Compaq...

Just remember that if you combine different memory... Top flight memory with value ram, or high speed with low speed, the entire system board will work at the speed of the slowest speed memory module.

In future P4PC, you just go the web site for your PC manufacturer and look up the user manual or hardware specs. They will tell you what memory you need and what the maximum amount you can upgrade to.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back