Ram Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me. Im experiencing some issues with RAM. It seems like my computer, when its on and i leave it on alone, the RAM goes crazy and it seems like its going to blast of to space however if i move my mouse or type it stops.

Im very naive when it comes to stuff like this and i thought it was suppose to be the other way around?

I checked my task manager and it seems like theres nothing thats foreign thats running.

Good someone give me some advice.

I have 1gb ram

Any help will be appreciated.

how do you know it is the RAM? What is the computer doing? RAM issues cause system crashes, lockups. If you suspect RAM problems. Download MEMTEST 86+ and run it from a real floppy drive for 7 passes or more.
To learn about RAM, go to the guides forum.

Well when my computer uses its ram. It starts making a grinding noise and the ram icon comes on, on my tower.

computers use ram all the time. RAM doesn't make noise - it is not mechanical. Could be a hard disk (more likely) or a fan.
A failing PSU can cause issues like RAM, and hard disks to also fail or give false readings.
If you do not feel comfortable or are new to computers, get a professional to help or read up before attempting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back