Ram locked @ 219Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

insoman

Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Asus A8N-E
AMD 4800 x2 @ 219Mhz X 12 (1.5v)
4x1 Gb Corsair XMS 3500LL Pro @ 219Mhz (1.8v)
1.5Tb Spinpoint (500GB x 3)
HIS ATI Radeon X1959XTX locked at 100Mhz
PCI locked at 33Mhz

I used to run 2Gb of the same ram @ 249Mhz with no problems at all and the CPU @ x12 (3Ghz). Since installing the other two sticks I cant get it over the rated 219Mhz. It seems locked at this speed. I get memory errors galore if I go 1Mhz more.

does any one know if this is the mobo (presumably) limiting at the maximum bus speed? Any suggestions? I would like my 3Ghz CPU back.

vista rates everything at about 5.8-5.9 except for the CPU letting the side down @ 5.4.....

Try raising the voltage supplied to the memory modules. Also check the Command Rate setting in the BIOS. You can set it to 1T when you're running 1 or two modules, above that it's safer to lower it to 2T.

Command rate is at 2T. Not sure about raising the voltage much more as they are rated at 1.7v (I think) It feels as if the 3500LL pros are limiting the frequency. I had the older 2Gb (without huge heatsinks and leds) running at 249Mhz. Took them slowly up to 1.8v where they worked like a charm. I wonder if its the new(old) ram being the limiter and if they are designed to do this when paired up at 4Gb. If anyone knows the max voltage would appreciate a heads up.

im having problem with my kingston 1GBs 1066 (PC2 8500). They are suppose to be native to my Asus P5K-e/wifi. They are currently running at 534.3MHz the fsb:dram is 5:8 clocks are suppose to be 5-5-5-15 and they are but it is also telling me that the max bandwith it 400mhz (PC2 6400) command rate 2T and the voltage looks right as far as i know.

shouldn't your FSB:DRAM be the same and it shouldn't matter what max bandwidth it is telling you if your running them at 534.3 (presumably each not total) what does something like CPUID tell you they are running at?

thats what i used to get my info. i just plugged in the g. skill i have with the kingston. the g.skill seem to be running better but still too low. (fsb:dram is now 5:6 just mentioning) Under the memory tab 400.8 MHz 5-5-5-15 2T when i go to the SPD tab they are almost totally different.

if they have diff timings shouldn't use them together. get the same memory with the same timings. SPD means stock timings not what you've set in the BIOS. set the timings to the higher (slower) of the two (under the SPD tab) in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back