TechSpot

Ramnit worm targets Facebook, 45,000 logins compromised

By Leeky
Jan 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook users have had their accounts compromised once again after the Ramnit worm, traditionally used to target the financial industry, set its crosshairs on the social networking site. According to…

Read the whole story

2. Just another reason why I don't use Facebook

3. Cellar

Cellar TS Rookie

Amazing, viruses are getting stronger and stronger with every year.

4. I don't use it either, but this is not a facebook issue, it's a Windows malware issue. Read the article and source.

5. I think it's time we need our web based logins to support some kind of dongle security key + password logon, instead of just password. Even if the hacker knows the password, they would still need the dongle key generated number, which changes every 30seconds or so. I have this on paypal already.

6. re: "Dongle" security measures
    Not at all fool-proof as the recent RSA breach should have told you...

7. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,106   +44

kids need to be educated in middle or high school about online security.

8. marinkvasina

marinkvasina TS Enthusiast Posts: 262   +9

this is retarded, u should use it , but like me only for communication
    i have 0 wall posts, 0 pictures, don't comment or like any pages/pictures anything
    only chatting when needed

and i never click on links which have a weird url, and will never get caugh in any virus/malware

9. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

Smart Guest is smart (*high fives*)…

10. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 641   +118

Sounds more practical than sex ed

11. come on people, use facebook with https

12. Wow, these smarties who don't use Facebook are so smug when these sort of articles are posted. You know what, if you didn't have sex you wouldn't need to worry about STIs/STDs either. If you didn't drive you wouldn't have to worry about road accidents. Life is all about choices. You can choose to actually live your life or you can hide whimpering in the corner wallowing in your paranoia. I choose the former and will take the necessary precautions to avoid the risks.

13. I'm willing to bet with a statement like that your PC is already loading with malware, adware and viruses to say the least LOL

14. Justifiably perhaps? They're not using it and thus won't be affected...

I see so for you "living your life" is a social networking website...?

:rolleyes:

15. You are so correct, Facebook is a major risk to use - I'm cancelling my FB account immediately!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.