Ran 8-step & ComboFix

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanNEEDShelp

Hey there,

I've been having issues with my pc. I'm running XP service pack 3 on a hp Pavillion zv6000.

Lately I have been getting a message when I reboot saying that windows did not find a wireless network devices or something and I can't get on the internet. The only way I can get on the internet is by rebooting in safe mode and then running CCleaner and then rebooting back in normal mode.

I've been running my antispyware/malware software but keeping coming up with nothing. Is this just an issue with my drivers or something?

I need somebody there to look over my logs to see if they notice anything out of place.

Thanks,
Ryan

It is helpful to know the ISSUES (I've been having issues with my pc.)
Also the brand, model (zv6000), age, and configuration and the brand and model of wireless.
Have you gone to Start->Control Panel->System->hardware to examine your wireless drivers? Did you find any yellow or red flags? Remove and replace all drivers with yellow or red flags.
Have you defragged your system?
Have you checked your Wireless sending unit?

It's an HP Pavillion zv6000 and it's a few years old. The issues is that I can't get a wireless signal unless I reboot in Safe Mode and then run CCleaner and then reboot back into normal mode. I did check my Hardware Devices and found no issues with my drivers but I did search for new ones and one of them updated. However nothing changed my situation.

I did find a couple trojans and maybe even a worm or two before I began having wireless problems. Now I don't find anything beside tracking cookies.

I have not defragged in a while. Do you think that applies to my situation? And what is my Wireless sending unit?

Thanks,
Ryan

The mystery is why it works following a round of CCleaner... which usually just fouls up stuff like this. CCleaner is more often destructive than useful
I would not use CCleaner again, and would run a new install after deleting whatever is in Hardware ->Drivers...
After running a clean install, run all new installs, the track down errors.
I would remove the Wireless software, then reboot, defrag, and reinstall the Wireless software... then start troubleshooting once more.

I don't quite follow some of your advice/tips. When you say this:

"I would not use CCleaner again, and would run a new install after deleting whatever is in Hardware ->Drivers..."

What am I supposed to runa new install on or with? And what exactly am I supposed to delete in Hardware->Drivers? Did you see things in my logs that pointed to any problems? I told you there were no problems with my drivers I could find.

So then in this sentence:

"After running a clean install, run all new installs, the track down errors."

Are you still talking about drivers or what?

And what wireless software do I remove? Is it the NVIDIA stuff?

Sorry I don't know what you're talking about. Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back