Random application crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirishy2k

hello , i am frequently experiencing application crashes . I checked my RAM using windows memory check up and it-seems that their is no problem with it .
And i even formatted my computer but after sometime it again happens! i am damn frustrated with this thing .
I even tried to restore my computer using the restore and backup facility of vista but again i am getting a error.
I feel that their may be some hardware problem.
Can anyone please tell me what might be the reason for this crashes?
Few errors i got during the crashes are here. . .
techspot.com/vb/topic142792.html#post850840

please help :mad:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/13/2010, 10:36:40
Machine name: BULLHOUND
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: P5K-VM
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/07/08 18:48:44 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 896MB used, 1400MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

Please attach in your next post your five most recent minidumps. Do us a favor and don't Zip file each and every one.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. As I said earlier please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

their is no folder of Minidumps in windows i verified the path in startup and recovery settings its
%SystemRoot%\Minidump
but that folder is not their in C:\Windows

There is an automatic option in Windows to prevent Windows from writing minidump files. Do the following steps.

Right click My Computer > Prperties > Advance tab > Startup & Recovery and click Settings

In Settings > System Failure and check all three boxes.

Then under these three boxes you'll find Write debugging information and choose the Write small memory dump (64 kb) and below that is Small dump directory. This box should have the following: %SystemRoot%\Minidump. Then click OK.

Back to the screen with Startup and Recovery and at the bottom you will see an Error Reporting button. Click that one.

Check the Enable error reporting and check both boxes below it and then hit Okay.

*** Your system should now be able to record for you minidump files.

dude i did everything u told but the minidumps wont generate
i even went to registry editor to check out but i dont have
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error
Reporting\ForceQueue
here is the pic
sfgzs9.jpg

dude what to do now??

For clarification, everyone who helps here are volunteers and we give our time as best we can. We understand quite well how frustrating computer issues can be because we experience them ouselves.

Go to START | RUN and type "drwtsn32" (without the quotes) at the prompt and click "OK". This will open the Dr. Watson utility.

Apply the following settings:

- Crash Dump Type: Mini
- Check "Dump Symbol Table", "Dump All Thread Contexts", & "Create Crash Dump File"
- Set "Number Of Instructions" and "Number Of Errors To Save" to 50.
- Uncheck "Append To Existing Log"

Note the location of the Crash Dump path so you can find the minidump later and click "OK"

The next time you have a crash this should save a Minidump file in the crash dump path location. The typical file name is "user.dmp".

I installed windows 7 and everything was fine for sometime but I am getting a blue screen error everytime.Here are my latest minidumps.I think this is happening because of the same problem.

Attachments

• 021910-26114-01.dmp
    151 KB · Views: 5
  • 022010-22744-01.dmp
    150.5 KB · Views: 7
Both minidumps report error 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers but they can also be caused by mismatched or faulty memory.

In your case both minidumps specifically cite the cause of your issues as corrupted memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

ders no problem with the RAM i ran the MEMtest,windows memory diagnosis tool and other testing tools from Hiren's bootCD all showed negative results. . .
But my graphic card is behaving in a mysterious way.
The screen resolution control panel gives me only this option to choose from sometimes
213ekgh.png

when it gives me only this option my screen is a little bit blurred

When the screen resolution control gives me only this option
8yf6n8.png
der is no blurring of scrn

I still did not observer when the BSOD occurs when this happens. . .
Is it the problem with my graphic card??

how to test my graphic card?

Hello sirishy2k; alright I'm going to have a look at your dumps and let you know what my observations are ASAP.

One of your crashes was linked with VM Ware software driver (which you probably have installed on your PC); two was with windows TCP/IP stack driver, and one with windows ntkrnlpa.exe (i.e. windows kernel); and having gone through these I am tilting toward's Route's conclusion that it is some faulty hardware issue, and I've have seen couple of times that MEMTEST doesn't catch any errors, but yet the cause of instability was RAM, so I would not rule that out as well.

However, in the meanwhile I want you to do this:

1. I would advise you to uninstall VM Ware.
2. Download Belarc Advisor and post its report here after Deleting All your personal information and software keys/codes.

Edit:
Also ensure that RAM Modules are dust free/clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back