Random blue screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

TnGabor88

Hello!

I have some random blue screens and it's driving me mad. : )
Anyway, like the title says it happens randomly... I do noticed some patterns, but I'm not sure if this will mean anything... I use Photoshop (CS3 and CS5) a lot and it freezes quite a lot, although not always (but I'd say like 80% times)... also noticed (I'm using Firefox) that when I watch something online (I think that requires the flash plug-in) it freezes, not when I'm watching it (although that happened a few times too), but when I close that tab, almost always (but not every time). Also I play a flash game online, and it freezes when I close that tab (sometimes). Sometimes I get a Photoshop or Windows explorer stopped working sign, and I have to close the program...

I use Win7 32bit... I just scanned my C drive with Avast5 and nothing... Also I clean my computer regularly (the sockets too and everything)... I don't overclock... I have AMD Athlon 64 Dual core 4800+, 2x1GB Memory. I also use a Wacom tablet.

I made a photo of one blue screen... I don't know if it'll help, but I hope so. (but I noticed that sometimes the info on the blue screen changes... so I'll take some photos of those too, if need be)

I haven't run a memory test yet, but I'll do it soon. Which program do you recommend?

Also, I'll attach the last two dump files. (but I have 50... : / )

Thanks in forward guys!
Have a nice day!

Attachments

• 070410-15140-01.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 070410-15812-01.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 6
The driver that seened to at least point to a possible reason for your problems is afd.sys which is a Windows driver for networking. I suggest going to your motherboard's website, find your exact motherboard model and update your NIC/wireless drivers.

If this is prebuilt update from the manufacture's website for your PC model ID#.

it happened again (I wasn't doing anything)... now the error was:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x8DFB71D7,0x8A88FA0C,0x8A88F5F0)

and

Rt86win7.sys - Address 8DFB71D7 base at 8DFB1000, Datestamp 4b8fb8c9

Hmm... : /

Thanks for the reply Route44!
my motherboard is an MSI K9N Neo V2!

Now, i'm sorry, but i don't understand you, i'm not exactly a computer guy, but what do you mean by this: "If this is prebuilt update from the manufacture's website for your PC model ID#." ?

Thanks!

PS: i updated my motherboard drivers!
I'll report if the blue screens continue!

ok, this is kinda strange... i jumped ahead at my last post... and i can't seem to find my old Realtek PCI-E Ethernet Driver, in the Device manager.

Prebuilt means systems built by a company such as Dell, HP, Gateway, etc., i.e. they prebuild them and you purchase the system from them.

rt86win7.sys is a RealTek networking driver which confirms, so far, why afd.sys was cited in your minidump. See my previous post.

No, i don't have a prebuilt system, i purchased the hardware separately... so i don't think any company updated anything.

Anyway, last night - just in case - i ran the memtest, 7 passes and no errors.
Also i updated the RealTek ethernet(networking) driver... which probably updated the Rt86win7.sys file.

I'll report if there are more blue screens!
Anyway, thanks!

Well unfortunately, today I went to school and it when I got back, my computer was waiting for me with a blue screen... I attached the jpeg and last dump file...

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 070510-15703-01.zip
    33.2 KB · Views: 2
Your error is 0xA and these are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address an IRQ Level that is too high.

Unfotunately the dump only cited a Windows OS driver and they are usually too general to be of any help.

Keep posting you minidumps and perhaps something definitive will be noted such as Rt86win7.sys.

Here's another... it happened when I was in photoshop CS5...

Now, it's something with the Win32k.sys ...

Attachments

• 070510-20437-01.zip
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 3
0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Win32k.sys is another OS driver.

Try these diagnostic steps:

1, Uninstall your network drivers and reinstall the drivers from your motherboard website for your exact model. You only need to concentrate on the network/NIC drivers.

2. Run Memtest on your RAM: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

3. Run a harddrive diagnostics by using the free harddrive diagnostic utility from your manufacture's website.

hello.

Sorry, for the late reply! I had some work to do, and wasn't at home.
1. Anyway, i did the first one. Uninstalled it than installed it with the latest driver.
2. I read the help file posted on this forum... so far i have tested my first memory (it's ok) Note: i have 2x1GB memory
...but I haven't had time to do the next... that i will do today, but a bit later

3. for this part i have a question! Cause, i have two hard-disks one is a Maxtor (Connected on S-ATA) (320GB) and a ST3320620A ATA (320GB), which i guess is the Seagate manufacturer (connected as an ATA)... so the question: should i run the two hard-drive diagnostics programs for the appropriate Hard drives... or just one? or what should i do?

Thanks in forward!

Well, my maxtor has an error, the diagnostic code is 401100000 .
I jast ran a quick scan...
but i guess i'll backup everything before continuing, with the full one!

...though, i can't seem to find anything about this code on google...

Don't worry about the code; the fact you have an error is the concern. And, yes, back up and run the long test. Sometimes bad sectors can be repaired in this way -- sometimes.

ok, i'll report back when everything is backup-ed and the full test is done!
Btw, thanks mate!

PS: this HD is where my win7 is, so this could be the reason why i got the blue screens!

i did the full/advanced test with the maxtor software on the maxtor HD, but actually i don't think it helped.

Basically what happened, was i did the backup than ran the hd test in Advance mode, than after only a minute or less, i got a message saying the 'program has found a problem, and do i want to fix it' i clicked ok, than like a seconds later, i got the message it was Fixed... than just for fun sake, i ran the Quick test again, and it showed me the same diagnostic code 401100000, than i ran the full test again, and again it said, that the hard drive was fixed... it would probably show the same thing again if i would do it again.

Anyway, in the mean time, i found out that Seagate and maxtor are actually one now, so i downloaded the seagate hard drive diagnostic tool too, but it didn't show any problems, and i did the long test (i did this before and after the maxtor software was run).

So i don't know, do you have some advice? something i could do to double check everything... or something, anything???

Seagate's SeaTools is an excellent diagnostic utility. I use it myself.

How old is this Maxtor?

Hmm... not quite sure, but i know it's much Younger than my Seagate. The seagate is about 7 years old. The Maxtor is about 3-4. Why?

You are most fortunate to get 7 years out of a harddrive! 5 years is the going average and there those who say replace it even if it is functioning well. Do periodic diagnostics on your Seagate for prevetitive maintenance,

Keep in mind Maxtor is the lower end offerings from Seagate. If it was me, I would keep a very close eye on your Maxtor especially since you are getting conflicting diagnostic reads.

Thanks for the info and thanks for your help (and time) Route44!!! Highly appreciated!

Ok, I'll keep a close eye on them both!! and I'll keep using SeaTools!

Anyway, what should i do now? Reinstall my windows on the Seagate drive? ...and just use my maxtor as the data hard drive? note, that i don't have any money at the moment for a new hard drive...
I guess, i should do that, it sounds logical (reinstalling win7 on Seagate)... Anyway, when i was searching the net i found out that my Bios is WAY out of date (the version on my comp is 2.1 - 2007 - and there's 2.9 now), so i'll ask my friend to update it, cause i haven't done that ever and i heard it can even make my computer completely unusable if done wrong.

Ok, so i guess i'll reinstall windows and update the bios... and then if there's something wrong, i'll report back here... but i really hope i wont :)
and when i get some money, i'll buy a new hard drive to replace my old maxtor... and i'll test my second memory too, cause i haven't done that!

Thanks again Route44!!!

Sounds like a plan and you're welcome. Also, when you install Windows do another harddrive diagnostics.

A-hahaha : )

No, it didn't work!
I just got two blue screens! I just installed avast and nothing more, when it happened I was updating my windows.

The first one was with a sys file, but I didn't catch it, cause now it automatically restarts my comp... the second was that IRQ not less or equal.

What is wrong with my computer???

Attachments

• 071410-16562-01.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 071410-26406-01.zip
    29.8 KB · Views: 1
The minidump cited the Avast driver aswFsBlk.sys as not being able to load but it is not designated as your cause. It simply cited another OS driver and as stated earlier they are usually too general to be of any help.

Your error code is 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities.

If there is anyway to do so run ChkDsk / r (notice the spaces).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back