TechSpot

Random BSOD, can't diagnose the problem

By Thrust13
Oct 22, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hello everyone,

I'll write this in a rush because I don't know when my PC will crash again.

Long story short, I have been getting a ton of BSODs with various messages and I have no clue how to diagnose the problem.
    I kindly ask you to help me out on this one.

System : Dual core 2,4 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR2, GEFORCE 9500GT/ATI RADEON 3450HD.

I am running a Windows 7 64 bit copy.

I am getting:
    -random BSOD, can't read it, the PC restarts instantly.
    -irql driver not less than equal
    -page fault in nonpaged area
    -UPDATED: system service exception

Errors happen when I boot the system, when I shut in down or plain out of nowhere, 2 mins after I started Windows or sometimes 2 hours after starting.

I have tried reinstalling windows - not working (duuh)
    I have tried replacing my 9500gt with my old 3450 hd - not working
    I have tried using only one of the two 2GB rams to see if one was corrupt + memory tests - not working
    Dskchk has reported and fixed some errors on my hard drive - did not get rid of the blue screen

Here are some minidump files, the most recent since I reinstalled my OS. I don't know how to read them. Can you help me diagnose the problem please?

Thank you for your time.

UPDATE : A new dump file for then new BSOD is up.

Attached Files:

2. SpikeyBoiCahir

SpikeyBoiCahir TS Rookie Posts: 42

3. Thrust13

Thrust13 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok, I just got to the conclusion that it's either the processor or the motherboard. Is there a way to determine which without actually replacing one of them in my system?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.