Random BSoDs from time to time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonga2k6

Hey everyone. I'm currently on my laptop right now, but if you guys need me to try and load up my desktop to get some info for you, I'd be more than happy to. Over the past 2 or 3 days, I've been getting random blue screens. I just started recording the last few.
The first BSod was "0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA". It told me that when I bluescreened, and I checked aumha.org's STOP code guide, and saw that it was related with RAM or memory leakage of some sort. I ran memtest, and there were no errors. I decided to boot the computer up and this time, I turned disabled my AVG antivirus, and left my Norton enabled. When I came back upstairs, it had just bluescreened. This time, I got a STOP code, but it did not give me a "definition", if you will, on what the problem was. I looked the code up on aumha.org, and I found out that the STOP code meant this: "0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". By the way, I checked another thread about a problem relating to the 0x00000050 code, and they said to check device manager in Safe mode. It took many attempts to load into safe mode, because the computer would restart before safe mode even got a chance to start. When Safe Mode had finally started, I was on it for quite some time, and it never gave me a blue-screen. Can anyone help me out with this?

PS: I had a problem like this about 6 months ago, where the computer would blue-screen, then repeatedly shut down and reboot. The problem that time was from overheating. I had dusted the computer out and it worked just fine. I just dusted the computer out last night, and the processor (un-overclocked AMD6400+ Black Edition) idled at about 36-40C, and peaked at about 56C under heavy load. It usually stayed about 50C when under load.

PSS: Sorry I keep adding this, hehe, but I wanna provide answers to things before they are asked to me. I recently updated my drivers on my 2 9800GTX+s, but this was AFTER i was experiencing the blue screens.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

You said you disabled AVG. Is this their antivirus or is it just their anti-spyware? Also, Norton is what, antivirus, firewall, antispyware individually or just the whole security suit?

How many passes did you run memtest for?

My Norton is Norton Internet Security 2009. It's like a suite package though, it's got antivirus, antispam, firewalls, and whatnot. AVG doesn't have as many features as Norton. It's the free version, so it doesn't protect as well.I did one pass on memtest, and one pass on another built in memory diagnostic. No errors. Should I have done more passes?

Well, here is the thing you must be aware of and that is the rule for security software is: One antivirus, one, firewall, one antispyware OR one security suit.

For example, if you have two antiviruuses installed you will have conflicts. Differing security softwares that are trying to do the same thing will conflict and cause system crashes.

Completely/fully uninstall AVG. Tell us if this brings stability.

* As for your question on Memtest the rule is a minimum of 7 Passes but first do the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back