Random BSODs on Win 7

Hey guys, my first post here comes with a problem i've been havin' with my PC. I get random BSODs on my system, sometimes daily, sometimes weekly. Most of the times it's the "driver irql not less or equal", with reference to usbport.sys or hidparse.sys .
My configuration is :
Intel Q9400
Motherboard P5QL EPU
3 X 2 GB Corsair 800mhz
Asus Geforce GTX 560 Ti
Source Rasurbo silentpower dlp-65.1 650W
None of the parts are overclocked, and everything begun after I upgraded my memory. I noticed that the BSOD's are related with the quantity of RAM that i have in my sistem (with 4 gb i get rare BSOD, and with 8 gb very often). I tested the RAM for days with memory testing tools, no faulty modules.
I also read on a forum that my motherboard is known to have issues with the memory controller, when you install to much RAM on it. But i hardly think 8 gb is a lot of RAM, when in the motherboard spec it says maximum 16 gb.
Any ideeas? Right now i'm pretty sure is the motherboard. Thanks in advance for your answers!

Danny

Are you getting any minidumps to post? Use the attachment feature here and please use the Zip feature included, if needed

Yeah, sorry I forgot about them. Reinstalling windows doesn't have any effect.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    84.1 KB · Views: 1
"Re-installing windows doesn't have any effect"...

The minidumps are pointing to an Nvidia driver:
DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Nvlddmkm.sys
and this:
Hidparse.sys

Asus motherboards are very picky about memory type and memory settings. Try raising the memory VCC or lowering it just a bit, and make sure the memory you have installed is in the approved list of memory for the motherboards model

Just checked, the memory is in the motherboard's recomended list(Corsair XMS2-6400, CL5, 800mhz). I've raised the memory voltage slightly, i'll now wait and see.

Problem solved...

After tweaking the memory voltage AND the northbridge voltage, the BSOD's stopped.
Thank you very much for your help, you sir are a GOD. The damned problems were getting on my nerves. So glad it's over.
Thanks again a million,
Danny

Hey coolermaster,
I did the folowing modifications:
-increased the Memory Over Voltage from 1.85V to 1.88125V;
-increased the Northbridge Voltage from 1.10V to 1.15V;
This are my curent stable settings anyways. Hope this will help someone else aswell.

Back