Random BSODs on Windows 7 System

My system used to run fine but a year ago it started freezing randomly every month or sow. Lately it happens almost every day, no matter what I am doing on the system (gaming, browsing, idle state) it freezes.

I changed my RAM just last week but still the BSODs keep coming. With everest I checked the temperatures of my system but they all indicate temperatures below 50* celcius (122 degrees fahrenheit). I cleaned out all the dust, refreshed the thermal paste and checked the power supply but everything turns out to be within normal ranges. And yet, still the BSOD's keep coming.

I attached my latest minidump files, I really hope someone knows what its causing the trouble.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    192.3 KB · Views: 0
"My system used to run fine but a year ago it started freezing randomly every month or so"...

Now it needs cleaning and have you kept up with Microsoft Updates? Have you tried using temp file cleaners and spyware cleaners?

I have cleaned it using temp file cleaner, ccleaner & ad-aware (no adware detected). Every windows update is installed and yet the BSODs keep coming.

I ran memtest86 last night and it found lots of errors on my brand spanking new RAM modules, can it be that my mobo is slowly breaking down?

It's possible that the Asus motherboard needs a bios update, or the memory settings in the bios are wrong...

BIOS is up to date and the memory settings in this BIOS seem to be in order.

I did notice that when playing videos (streaming from the internet and from my HDD) and playing games the system has 'mini freezes'. The audio freezes for a second or so and so does the screen. (the freezing of the screen only happens when playing games; Modern Warfare 2). It also seems as if the mouse cursor is changing speed as i move across the desktop.

I'm only running ESET NOD32 antivirus (v4.0.417.0). Running a full scan right now. The most recent bsod said something about tap0901t.sys

Yes it does, its a program that simulates a LAN over the internet. Although it wasn't running the moment the stop-error occurred. The complete virus scan completed without detecting infections.

Back