Random BSODs on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Hey folks,

I've been having random BSOD problems ever since I bought a new desktop computer. It's an AMD Phenom 955 and I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

The BSODs happen everytime I try running this program called MagicJack and sometimes even randomly.

I've been getting the BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD for sometime now and just recently I've gotten a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO BSOD. I'm attaching the previous 5 Dump files. Please help me out here guys.

Thanks.

Attachments

• All_DMP_Files.zip
    111.3 KB · Views: 1
Hello tejakon,

Did you assembled this system yourself? Or you bought it?

Three dumps cited Etron USB 3.0 driver as the cause, can you get the latest drivers and install them. Also update your motherboard's chipset drivers.

Remaining two dumps simply cited OS processes.

Can you also provide complete specs of your computer.

Hello Archean,

I adopted the specs from a tech-forum after googling it up and got it assembled by a local technician.

The Specs are:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor, 3200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 Motherboard
Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
500GB HDD
No Graphic card installed as of now.

The only component I couldn't find was a 500W PSU, so I had to settle for a 410W.

Regarding the drivers, I use a 'Driver Genius Professional' software which says all the drivers including the USB Controller and motherboard chipset drivers are up to date. Is this software reliable or should I manually update them?

I have absolutely no idea about it, personally I prefer to install drivers manually.

Anyway here is the link for drivers of this motherboard.

Click on Drivers, then choose your OS, and there is a Etron USB3 driver which was released on 23rd of August. Try that out, and lets hope that will fix the issue.

Note: If you have any USB device connected to your PC (other then KB/Mouse) please disconnect it.

Hey folks, turns out there was a compatibility issue between the Magicjack USB device I was using and the drivers of the 3.0 USB drive.
Connected the device to an ordinary USB port and there hasn't been a BSOD yet. So far so good.

Thanks a lot for the help Archean. Top forum, top people!

Thanks Kristain, my issue now stands resolved :)

Back