random bsods

Status
Not open for further replies.

scyap

i dont know if i post this in the right place, becuz its my graphic card problem (i think)

i dont know what is this, but there is a blue screen with memory dump!

i heard memory means RAM, i dont wanna lose RAM !
help !

this happens when i load a game (brothers in arms earned in blood and PainKiller and Fabel Lost chapters)

it says the problem is ati3d2ag.dll
that is my graphic card driver!

anyway, my screen shot is at my website
http://www.geocities.com/scyap2005/bluescreen.JPG

and i also refer to this post
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic39884.html
how do i Run memtest to stress test the ram or Upgarde BIOS ???

im a computer NOOB

i've read this
http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=335
but dont understand a thing

help !!!

PLEASE HELP...
thanks in advance

my computer is:
2.8GhZ Pentium 4
WIndows XP Pro
512mb Ram
ATI Radeon 9200 128mb graphic card
My two hard drives are NTFS

HELP !!! need big HELP !!! pls !!!!

i dont know what is this, but there is a blue screen with memory dump!

i heard memory means RAM, i dont wanna lose RAM !
help !

this happens when i load a game (brothers in arms earned in blood and PainKiller and Fabel Lost chapters)

is it a graphic card problem ?

it says the problem is ati3d2ag.dll
that is my graphic card driver!

anyway, my screen shot is at my website
http://www.geocities.com/scyap2005/bluescreen.JPG

and i also refer to this post
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic39884.html
how do i Run memtest to stress test the ram or Upgarde BIOS ???

im a computer NOOB

i've read this
http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=335
but dont understand a thing

help !!!

PLEASE HELP...
thanks in advance

my computer is:
2.8GhZ Pentium 4
WIndows XP Pro
512mb Ram
ATI Radeon 9200 128mb graphic card
My two hard drives are NTFS

First thing I do is go to the manufacturer's website and download and install the latest drivers for the card. I've also seen memory simms cause these things. If you've installed RAM lately, you might have a bad one.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together, and attach them here.

Normally your would download the floppy version of Memtest86+. Put it on a floppy, and boot from the floppy drive.

If your don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version available that you can burn to cd. Once the iso file has been downloaded, unzip it, then burn the resulting file to cd as an image. You can then boot from the cd.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

ohh nooo the blue screen of death :darth:

err.. i tend to click reply then read the other ppl's posts.. after looking at howards link.. i have nothing more to say lol.. try what he said.. should fix the problem

good luck! :angel:

First of all calm down :)

Now click on this link:
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27
from that page donwload the 'Catalyst Control Center package' - that's the newest drivers for your card.

After you download them go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs and uninstall ATI Catalyst drivers, then reboot.
After the reboot, install the new drivers you downloaded.
Reboot.
Try to run the game.

Try this first, as the game is obviously is saying it's somehow driver related.

ohh I agree with Arcanum.. u might wanna try that first, BUT after u do the uninstall driver thing.. run DriverCleaner Pro to make sure they are out .. u dont wanna have a buncha drivers in there

this is corteusy of [H]

1: Through "Add/Remove Programs" proceed to uninstall the ATI Control Panel, Display Driver, and finally the Uninstaller itself.....in this order.

2: Boot up into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner. Check the 'multiple clean filters' option and then proceed to select "ATI", "ATI CCC" and "ATI Uninstall Utility" from the drop down menu (you may also want to include "ATI WDM", "ATI MMC" etc. if your card supports such features and therefore drivers, if unsure then just leave them out) and click on "Clean". Do the cleaning twice to make sure that everything is cleared out. At this point you may also want to clean the cab files too. To do this click on 'Tools' and then select 'Cab Cleaner', choose 'Driver.cab' and then 'Start'. This is not necessary however.

3: Restart your computer (normally this time) and wait for windows to go through it's stupid auto detection of your hadware before continuing, make sure you click 'cancel' and proceed to install the drivers yourself. Install your new drivers and restart your computer.

Hope this helps a bit

Yup, truflip said what I already said in the previus post, just more detailed (explaining with even more steps) - so the procedure is basically the same, he explains in more steps, since you said you're kinda a newbie, follow his steps - they're more detailed.

If you're wondering where to get the DriverCleaner, follow this link:
http://www.drivercleaner.net/

The drivers are on the link I provided in my previus post.

Hope everything works out fine.

let me start from michont's post

michont:
is my amufacturer's website ati ? i didnt install a new ram lately... i have been using this ram for about... 1 year

howard_hopkinso:
Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together ? what is minidump? where do i find the files? what is Memtest86+ ? i do have a floppy drive... what is iso drive? i have a cd burner

truflip:
thanks?

Arcanum:
ok... i'll try to calm down... so many of my new games cant work... uninstall the drivers ? can i even start my computer without graphic card drivers ???

truflip:
display drivers? Boot up into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner? i though im suppose to run Driver Cleaner before i reboot? what is "ATI WDM", "ATI MMC" and "ATI CCC" ??? i only know that my graphic card has ViVo, does that count ? does the items go to Norton Protected Bin? i noticed that all my files that i delete from recyle bin goes there
ermmm... install drivers myself? izzit hard? im a noob...?
oh... so let me make the 3rd step clear,
i restart my PC in normal mode and install the drivers and restart my computer?
would that be only 1 driver? because... u if i add in everything im suppose to remove (ati ctrl panel, ati catalyst, "ATI WDM", "ATI MMC" and "ATI CCC")... there are so many stuff to be deleted and only 1 driver to be re-installed?

Arcanum:
thanks, i was abt to ask where to get the driver cleaner

thanks alot guys, but im still unsure how to do it... thanks alot

help

let me start from michont's post

michont:
is my amufacturer's website ati ? i didnt install a new ram lately... i have been using this ram for about... 1 year

howard_hopkinso:
Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together ? what is minidump? what is Memtest86+ ? i do have a floppy drive... what is iso drive? i have a cd burner

truflip:
thanks?

Arcanum:
ok... i'll try to calm down... so many of my new games cant work... uninstall the drivers ? can i even start my computer without graphic card drivers ???

truflip:
display drivers? Boot up into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner? i though im suppose to run Driver Cleaner before i reboot? what is "ATI WDM", "ATI MMC" and "ATI CCC" ??? i only know that my graphic card has ViVo, does that count ? does the items go to Norton Protected Bin? i noticed that all my files that i delete from recyle bin goes there
ermmm... install drivers myself? izzit hard? im a noob...?
oh... so let me make the 3rd step clear,
i restart my PC in normal mode and install the drivers and restart my computer?
would that be only 1 driver? because... u if i add in everything im suppose to remove (ati ctrl panel, ati catalyst, "ATI WDM", "ATI MMC" and "ATI CCC")... there are so many stuff to be deleted and only 1 driver to be re-installed?

Arcanum:
thanks, i was abt to ask where to get the driver cleaner

thanks alot guys, but im still unsure how to do it... thanks alot
i really hope everything works out fine, i'll be killed for destroying my PC if i mess up...

im just afraid... because i have to uninstall so many stuff and re-install 2 ( ati ctrl panel, driver) stuff ?

help !!!
i went to add/remove at control panel
i DON'T have ATI catalyst installed, but i saw i have ATI hydra Vision

if u would look at this webpage
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBList.asp?folderID=301

i have to choose to dl catalyst or hydraVision, u guys asked me to get catalyst, but i think im using hydraVision instead of catalyst...
help?

my graphic card is ati RADEON 9200 ViVo 128mb

pls help

which do i dl ?

need more help

catalyst download
(https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=640)

look at the table below
since im on DIAL UP low speed, there are 3 downloads
do i need WDM driveR? i dont think i have that now
what is it anyway?
and what about the Alternate/Optional Downloads ?

hydra ViSIon download
(https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1175)

look at the bottom of the page, there is full edition and basic?
whats the difference ?

pls help

i have 3 files in minidump
not 5 or 6

what are the files for anyway ?
does minidump file generate once each time i get the bluescreen ?

i have got the blue screen abt 20 times
and i nvr let it dump all my memory
im scared i lose physical memory, will i lose it ?

Yes, when Windows crashes with a blue screen, it writes a minidump, which is a snapshot of what your system was doing at the time of the crash.

If you zip the minidumps you have together, and attach them here, I will take a look at them for you.

If you followed the instructions in the link I gave you, You will see a link to the memtest86+ programme. A lot of blue screens are caused by faulty ram. This programme will test your ram for errors. Because you do have a floppy drive, download the floppy version of the programme, and put it on a floppy disk.

You may need to go into your bios, and set the boot priority to Floppy/cd-rom/Hard drive. Then with the Memtest floppy in your drive, save and exit your bios, and your computer should boot from the floppy.

Let memtest run for at least 7 passes, and let us know the results.

Lastly, don`t worry about losing your memory. when You see the message dumping memory, all it means is it`s writing the contents of ram to the minidump file.

Regards Howard :)

@scyap
Your computer can start without VGA specific drivers, it will use VGA default/safe driver which can't run games (no 3D accel.) but at least you can see something on the screen - so you can install new drivers :)

So the steps would be:
1. Go and uninstall the drivers as truflip said in his post.
2. Reboot.
3. Run drivercleaner - select filters like truflip said (don't worry that you're removing multiple things and installing just one, it's fine).
4. The drivers you're after are in the link I provided before - go Windows XP drivers and software - then Radeon then Catalyst 5.13 download.
5. Download HIGH SPEED package - 'Catalyst control center' - it's because it's more newbie friendly, and you need to download only 1 file :)
6. Run the downloaded drivers.
7. Restart.

The drivers should then be installed and working fine.
If all goes well, the games will run without a problem!

catalyst?
in add/remove programs i have Ati Hydra Vision and NOT catalyst

and i need 3 hours to download 34 mb, i think i want to go for the lower speed dl package

but, which should i choose? catalyst or hydraVision? which driver is better? isnt it for radeon series? shouldnt it all be the same? isnt it for radeon series?

oh my God!!!
i dont even have catalyst driver!!!
i cant see it in add/remove programs!!!
it was never installed in the first place!
could this be the main source of problem?

English please?

I have done what everyone told me...
but I am having problems with ATI CATALYST DRIVERS...

when ever I open and Ati files, an application error file appears
pls help

I have a screen shot

Attachments

• ati error.JPG
    ati error.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 5
You might want to pack the pc up and visit your nearest PC shop. They should be able to help you.

may i know what is a VGA Controller ?
may i know what is AGP and PCI ?
may i know what is BIOS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back