Random Computer Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

icedesign

So I did some searching and didnt really think anything was similar to my situation. Anywho..I print signs for a company and we use the computer 5 days a week. Lately the computer has been randomly shutting down and always having problems left and right. I cant figure out what it is. We use a computer rip for the data to transfer to the printers. Im not quite sure which information you guys need..I could almost give you anything needed.

First off were running Windows XP SP2. The rip im using is Wasatch Rasterlink and Onyx if anyone is familiar with those. We have a quad core processor with an ASUS motherboard. But whatever else thats needed..just let me know.

Also here is the error codes that im getting and from these files:

BCCode : 4e BCP1 : 00000007 BCP2 : 00079744 BCP3 : FFFFFFFF
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Jerry\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9943.dir00\Mini031008-05.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Jerry\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9943.dir00\sysdata.xml

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 805219C4 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Jerry\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER70a7.dir00\Mini031008-04.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Jerry\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER70a7.dir00\sysdata.xml

I also attached a copy of the HJT file incase you guys needed it. THANKS!

C:\RstrLink\Bin\Rlmp.exe
Looks a bit strange (ie I'd say remove it)
But Restore Link may be in Add Remove programs, so look there first.

Also these files:
You may need to attach here.

kimsland said:
C:\RstrLink\Bin\Rlmp.exe
Looks a bit strange (ie I'd say remove it)
But Restore Link may be in Add Remove programs, so look there first.

Also these files:
You may need to attach here.

Well im afraid to remove it because that folder has to deal with our rip we use to print the files we get. So i dont want to mess anything up in that spot.

What do you mean by attaching the files here?

Rlmp.exe has been listed as Malware on this page: http://www.prevx.com/filenamedays/011420082.html (you may need more guidance (others input) on keeping it)

Using the paperclip icon (shown in a new reply here) in the toolbar (just above your new message)
Browse to C drive -> Documents and Settings-> Jerry->Local Settings->Temp->WER9943.dir00 and attach this file:
Mini031008-05.dmp
Browse to C drive -> Documents and Settings-> Jerry->Local Settings->Temp->WER70a7.dir00 and attach this file:
Mini031008-04.dmp

You may also need to go to Control Panel->Folder Options->Show Hidden and system Files
To see this Directory, first.

This is the work computer that Im on. Unfortunately I couldnt find those files and im doing a search to check the folder and its entire contents..i have to leave work though and ill be back tomorrow to check what ive found and let you know. Thanks for the help so far though.

kimsland said:
You may also need to go to Control Panel->Folder Options->Show Hidden and system Files
To see this Directory, first.

Also, if you have any work technician available. It would be easier to communicate with. Please put him on!

Well i looked again this morning..and i couldnt find the directory that you were talking about..OR the file that went along with it..all the hidden files are being shown and system files along with that.

here is a screenshot to maybe help me find it..maybe im looking at the wrong place..but i definitely dont see either directory folder there

Please check here:
c:\windows\Minidump

If it's not there. We will just continue on.

Download CCleaner and fully run it.
This will remove all those Temp files, built up.

I also need to know, what computer we are actually talking about (Asus model?)
Please put your System Specs in your Profile

Both minidumps cite memory corruption. This will cause the random crashes that you note. Run MemTest and replace any of your sticks that record errors.

This test should run for a minimum of 7 passes.

Well I downloaded it and ran it overnight BUT when i first started it..within like 10 seconds..i recieved an error. So ill have to check each memory stick and see which one it is. Im at home now so ill check it when i get back to work in the morning....im sure it stopped at another error :\

If you started MemTest and you got errors almost right away then you don't even have to wait for 7 passes. Let us know how each stick does.

After testing is finished replace your faulty RAM.

Well I received MULTIPLE errors when i got back to work this morning. I pull out a memory stick and started up the memtest again. So far..not a single error so I assume I yanked the correct one. But im going to leave the test go for another 30 mins to make sure. Ill let you guys know how it all goes.

THANKS for the help so far!!!

Just wondering when im testing...what does the percentage mean after its gone over 100%? Does it just mean its going back over it again after 100?

Once MemTest runs through all 8 individual tests that is 1 Pass which = to 100%. it will then start over until another full testing of all 8 tests occurs which will give you another Pass and another 100% completion. It will continue to cycle through and restart again until you stop it.

Dont U Understand Your Computer Is Gona Bust It Needed A Good Sleep Ages Ago ,but U Didnt Let It Have Good Sleep!

runescape said:
Dont U Understand Your Computer Is Gona Bust It Needed A Good Sleep Ages Ago ,but U Didnt Let It Have Good Sleep!

What are you talking about?! :confused: How did hijacking this thread help in this situation?

dumb kids. So i have 1 more memory sticks to test out. The first 3 came out all good. BUT the funny thing is that..when i had just 3 sticks in there (the 3 that I tested individually) ..i received an error while it was testing..but I decided to test EACH stick and they all tested negative for any corruptions..kinda weird.

But i have one more to test..and if this one comes up error free..I think ill retest all of them again.

Im printing at work right now and only using the 2 of the 4 sticks that came out corruption free..and the computer seems to be running a bit slower..but very smooth. No errors whatsoever..so maybe these sticks are ok afterall. But ill test again nonetheless

So i just got done talking to our programmer that works here and he does a lot of the computer building and what not..but hes not familiar with the software we run on this computer and we thought that was the case of the shutdowns...

anyyywho..we have 4 sticks of 1gb of ram in each port..he was just telling me that XP doesnt support 4gb and at MAX it will support 3gb but he said that thats even kinda hard. He was saying that it doesnt recognize the 4gb anyways..so like i said before..im running it with 2gbs and it running pretty well. No shutdowns yet.

I didn't realize your were running 4 gigs of RAM with XP. The tech is correct, XP will at the most recognize 3.5. I am also wondering if the motherboard had voltage issues with 4 gigs that needed to be tweaked. But since you have XP it becomes a moot point.

You'll want those 4 gigs if and when you ever upgrade to Vista 64, but by that time MS will probably have a new OS released.

So im running 3gbs now and its running perfect. I have some things printing and the memtest running in the background..and everything is working out great. No shutdowns or anything..guess that extra gig was killing me there with the bigger projects that we print..and all of the errors and faults that we had are now gone for these past 2 days. Seems as though that was the big problem. If anything else arises..ill let you guys know. Other than that.. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!

That is RAM for you. It can cause all kinds of issues. Thanks, icedesign, for getting back to us and letting us know it has been resolved. Many people fail to tell us the good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back