Random Freezes Unexplained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I run an custom built pc with vista 32 basic home, AMD 64 X2 4400,it has 2gb ram, 512 ati radeon video card, 500gb HDD.

It started about a month ago, when my programs started to randomly freeze up, expecially games, but Firefox and other programs started to as well. The whole computer did not freeze up only the programs and it lasted anywhere from 15sec to a minute and then it would come back. From time to time it would completely lock up and i would have to do a hard shut down. I have done everything i can think of up to this point, reading posts, making changes, i took the pc apart and cleaned and repaired anything that might have looked off. I have spoken with companies and they told me that it was a video card issue, and after getting a new video card it did not fix the problem. I then moved onto it being a power problem, upgrading froma 350watt to a 1000watt, and problem not fixed. I have cleaned, defragged, debugged, virus scans, anything i can think of short of buying a new pc up to this point.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, id be happy to add additional info upon request. Im getting extremely fustrated being that all my money for this pc is now stuggling to work. Makes running a guild and gaming very difficult at times.

Thank you for any information i am given

Hi dznutzstr8

Please do bumps after waiting about a day. The support on this site is free and is done by people from all around the world, which means that times differ and responses could take a while.

What motherboard are you using? Are your graphics drivers / motherboard drivers etc. all up to date? What were you doing just prior to the time the problem started occurring? Do you receive any errors when the computer freezes up or when it reboots? Any BSODs?

I would suggest that you run the Virus Removal tool here first .... https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ .... I understand that you have already tried virus scans before but this tool requires you to post your logs on completion. The logs give us more insight into the software installed on your system and might indicate some overlooked areas of concern. Post your logs in the Virus and Malware section of the forum.

Keep us informed of ANY steps you take and also if you manage to cure the problem.

Spyder_1386 :)

Please do not bump your threads after only 45 minutes. Its barely moved from the top after that short of time, wait at least 24 hours.

As to your problem, I would check the Event Viewer and see what it says around the times you've experienced the freezes. It could be something with your hard drive, video card drivers, or bad RAM.

Video card drivers are easy to update. Hard drive can be tested with Western Digital drive tools or Seagate's SeaTools. And RAM can be tested with memtest. Be sure you actually burn memtest correctly and let it run at least 1 full pass, preferably 3-7.

bump please help !

i have done all the virus scans all the driver updates, the logs dont find anything, no malware or virus of the sort. I was playing World of Warcraft at the time it started happening, and as far as everything goes if discussed the problem with techs and such they give me the answer of, i dont know how to fix your problem. Its very fustrating.

and sorry about the bumps, im just getting a little impatient with all the techs and all the help ending up saying they have no clue how to help, its a very fustrating problem and its costing me a lot of time, and a lot of issues with my responsiblities twords my guild :(, so again im sorry, but this problem is annoying and getting old quickly :). thank you for any help

I gave you 3 suggestions, and as far as I can tell you didn't do 2, maybe all 3 of them depending on what you meant by logs.

Please do as instructed.

dznutzstr8

i have done all the virus scans all the driver updates, the logs dont find anything, no malware or virus of the sort

This is the first time you're posting on TechSpot .... I've asked you to do the 8-step tool on the link provided and to POST YOUR LOGS in the relevant section (I've already mentioned why the logs are important).... I've also asked for your Motherboard specification. In order to diagnose your problem, we as TechSpot support need to start from the beginning. Whatever you have done in the past to try and rectify the problem - by yourself and on other forums - is irrelevant considering they have not worked! .... If you feel like you've done all you can and that we're asking for too much, then I don't believe that there's a point to asking for help.

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back